X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Salty
    • Feb 2006
    • Akron, Ohio

Original BT3100 blade

Some time ago I had this sharpened but they did a poor job. Now I'd like to get it sharpened correctly but there is no marking on it as to how the teeth are to be ground. I assume it is an ATB. I only see one small nick on one of the teeth. All of the bevel set was eliminated when they attempted to sharpen it and now it just wants to pull to one side.

Thanks.

Salty
    Why doesn't the word 'planing' show up in my computer spell check?
  • Martin
    Established Member
    • Jun 2005
    • Carrollton, TX, USA.
    • BT3100; Antique Delta 8" tilting table

Resharpen original saw blade

A good saw sharpener will question how you use the saw and sharpen according. I think my original blade had square teeth, but the man I talked to recommended ATB to best fit my purpose. I would suspect that Ohio would have several good saw shops. do you have a Woodcraft store near-by. The woodcraft store near me has a drop-off service and pick-up service or can usually recommend someone.
    INDECISION IS THE KEY TO FLEXIBILITY

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Salty - The original BT blade was a 36T thin kerf FTG made by Freud in Italy....an unusual configuration, but a nice blade nonetheless. Having it ground to an ATB grind would help reduce tearout on crosscuts, but you'd probably lose a little ripping efficiency in return...never a free lunch.
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Working...