• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sailor55330
    Established Member
    • Jan 2010

Shop Trick from a noob

Hello all,

New BT owner and already feeling the love as I struggle through some frustrations. I wanted to try and begin to give a little as these forums have already given me tons!.

Ever have that favorite push stick or fabricated peice that you just love but always seem to loose among the wood around the shop (for me, it's my simple oah push sticks).

I found some stuff from my dog training experience that translates well into the shop......self adhesive vet wrap. This stuff comes in rolls, sticks to it's self, has no adhesive at all and has a rubbery, non-skid feel to it. I wrap a couple turns around my push sticks and they have a cushioned, no-stick handle that is brightly colored for easy spotting in the shop.

Here's a link to the product type I am talking about--its the "vet wrap" about 1/2 way down the page

http://www.dresslersdog.com/dog-medi...-firstaid.html

I found several rolls at a dollar store in various colors, but even at full price, it's good stuff. If your looking for a simple non-skid grip rubberized handle, you might want to check it out.
  • master53yoda
    Established Member
    • Oct 2008
    • Spokane Washington
    • bt 3000 2 of them and a shopsmith ( but not for the tablesaw part)

I had the same problem of having the push stick about 2" further then i could reach with my hand on the board that was half cut in the saw. I finally drilled a hole in the push stick handle and tied a string to it and tied the other end to the fence handle . I can always find my push stick now and reach it.!!!!!!!
    Art

If you don't want to know, Don't ask

If I could come back as anyone one in history, It would be the man I could have been and wasn't....

Comment

Working...