X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dolsie
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006

Jet Fence on BT3?

A buddy of mine just picked up an Incra fence system for his table saw (92" Rail version new in the box for $150 - lucky *******!) and has offered me his old fence if I want it. It is the stock fence and rails for the Jet JWTS-10 - is it possible to put this fence on my BT3100? Is it worth the hassle? Seems like a more stable fence...

Any opinions or advice?

Thanks!

Craig
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread...ermarket+fence

Every few years, this subject comes up. Most aftermarket fences are not designed to work with an aluminum saw (also sizing differences). There was only one I know of that worked with the BT, and I can't find it now (old review, but WAY more expensive and I don't think they sold enough to keep making them). Best bet is to contact LChien for the FAQ's and ask any questions if you have issues with your current fence.

Edit: Found it, and I guess it is still made:
    http://www.jointech.com/ryobi_sawtrain.htm
    Last edited by LinuxRandal; 11-03-2009, 01:37 PM.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

I'd keep the BT3K fence. If you ask me, the fence is one of its strongest points for BT3K saws.

First, the rails have t-slots and allow you to add accessories w/ ease.

Second, the rear lock on the BT3K fences allow you to add a custom router table extension to the saw and use the standard fence (w/ a couple of blocks) for routing. That rear clamp keeps the fence from deflecting when you're pushing it quite hard, and also keeps it DOWN if you mount featherboards to it. Fences w/o a rear clamp would never be able to avoid deflecting or lifting w/o a clamp.

Comment

Working...