X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duane867
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2009

Making good use from the useless stock router fence on your BT3K

I was just about to throw out tge brackets and all to make a full scale fence for the router table on my BT3K today when something I heard from Bob at the router workshop clicked.... K.I.S.S. ( Keep It Simple Stupid )
    So I simply took a scrap piece of MDF and strung both brackets together making a solid fence. The neat thing here is I have two sets of "mini" fences that came stock with the table so all I have to do when I want to try something else is unscrew the set that's screwed to the MDF from the brackets and screw on the other set. And if that isn't enough for what I need to do at any given time I can always just clamp down the stock Ryobi intermediate split fence that came with my intermediate table. Either way I am covered I guess. I just thought I would post this in case some one else has been overlooking the obvious like I have been LOL!
    I am determined to make the factory stuff do so I can stop spending so much **** money on wood working stuff LOL!
    I plan on making a box joint jig that slides along the width of the router table accessory this weekend as well. Then I wont have to make or buy a miter slot attachment.

Pics of the super simple fence coming soon.
Working...