Fixed my slipping accessory table problem.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duane867
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2009

Fixed my slipping accessory table problem.

Had a problem with the router table slipping away from the locked down fence during use. Thought it was from waxing the rail so the fence would slide easily but it wasn't so much that I guess.
    Turned out I just didn't have the rear t-nut fastened down tightly enough. Had
    to torque it all the way down and now it doesn't budge a millimeter. I mean I had it pretty snugged before but I guess you just have to crank it a bit on mine ?

Any who.. works a treat now. I also discovered the trick to using the stock router fence attachment. You just have to rework it a bit bit sticking the flat side in a vice and bending it into a true 90 degree's. Then it will work as a router fence should instead of a stop block. It bends pretty easily actually.
    I mean you have to monkey it a little but not how bad you might think.
    Just use a vice to keep it straight. Now I can stop using that garbage Ryobi intermediate table I bought last year. Those things are crappy. At 1st I was like " sweet !" Now I am like " WTF did I buy this for ?
    I'll keep it I think though and just buy a new router plate to put in it.
    Thats the only problem with it really. The **** stock router plate doesn't sit flush with out user supplied shims, and its to thin and dags under light loads.

Think I'll buy the Rockler 1/4" aluminum plate and template.
Working...