• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Originally posted by Jim Frye
    Because Ryobi has an exclusive contract with HD here in the US for power tools (not outdoor tools though). HD didn't want to sell the BT3100 anymore (like a bunch of other decent Ryobi tools), so it is gone from our grasp. Obviously, the saw is good enough to be sold elsewhere.
    Duh - silly me I forgot about the HD stranglehold
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Jim Frye
      Because Ryobi has an exclusive contract with HD here in the US for power tools (not outdoor tools though). HD didn't want to sell the BT3100 anymore (like a bunch of other decent Ryobi tools), so it is gone from our grasp. Obviously, the saw is good enough to be sold elsewhere.
      This situation reminds me of the singer "Prince" who didn't like his music company's contract a several years after he became famous - that basically said at the original signing that ALL contracts current and future with "Prince" were subject to them in perpetuity. He changed his name and got out of that contract. Later he was able to get the name back. (I am not a fan of Prince, just aware of the situation.)

Could Ryobi possibly modify the saw, call it a different name, list it as an "outside tool" and sell it thorough other retail companies?
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Daryl
        • May 2004

Originally posted by leehljp

Could Ryobi possibly modify the saw, call it a different name, list it as an "outside tool" and sell it thorough other retail companies?
        Do you mean maybe call it a Craftsman and sell it thru Sears?
        I know that Sears IS selling it - but I was referring to the Ryobi name and as such would offer more options and cheaper price than Sears does.
        Last edited by leehljp; 05-17-2009, 08:06 PM.
        Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• pelligrini
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2007
          • Fort Worth, TX
          • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by Daryl
          I know that Sears IS selling it - but I was referring to the Ryobi name and as such would offer more options and cheaper price than Sears does.
          The sears version isn't all that far off in price now compared to the $399 Ryobi. The current Sears price is $529. It comes with a gravity rise stand and the accessory table & router kit.
          Erik

Comment

• cgallery
            Veteran Member
            • Sep 2004
            • Milwaukee, WI
            • BT3K

Originally posted by leehljp
            I am not a fan of Prince, just aware of the situation.
            Sure, Hank. Sure.

Comment

Working...