• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dindallas
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2004
    • Dallas, Tx.

Mounting Second Table Top

Has anyone mounted a second table top with insert to increase the surface area on a BT3000? I believe this is the part number I am referring to - 969101-001 Saw Table
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

I've seen at least a couple photos of folks using a second top. One guy had dual miter slot tables on each of the tops too.
    Erik

Comment

• Tom Miller
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2003
      • Twin Cities, MN
      • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

I think that's not the part # you want. That part # is for the main table top (i.e. through which the blade protrudes), whereas you probably mean another accessory table (with the circular hole).

I don't know of anyone in particular doing it, but I'm sure it's been done, and it's a reasonable thing to do. I made my own table, as have many here. It's easy to do, and easy to hook up to rails front and back by several means.

Otherwise, if you plan to mount a router to an accessory table, make sure you have the accessory clamp (or homemade version) that clamps the table to the back rail. Without that, the table is only clamped to the front rail, and it WILL move with respect to the fence as you're routing.

Regards,
      Tom

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Originally posted by Tom Miller
        I think that's not the part # you want. That part # is for the main table top (i.e. through which the blade protrudes), whereas you probably mean another accessory table (with the circular hole).

Regards,
        Tom
        Tom, I think that is exactly what he is looking for. Years ago, a poster showed his with two of the tables, but I don't remember who it was.
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• softop41
          Established Member
          • Jul 2004
          • Plainfield, IL, USA.
          • BT3100-1

2nd tabletop on BT3100

dindallas,
          Is this somewhat like you had in mind? I can't help you with the part number because I bought mine online from someone who was parting out his saw.
          Jerry
          Attached Files
          Jerry
          Making High Quality Sawdust in Northeast Plainfield

Comment

• Tom Miller
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2003
            • Twin Cities, MN
            • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
            Tom, I think that is exactly what he is looking for.
            For apparently no good reason I was assuming he didn't have any parts to begin with, and was considering buying an accessory table (but had the wrong part #).

Nice pic, Jerry -- that pretty much proves the concept!

Regards,
            Tom

Comment

Working...