• Show
Clear All
  • jeepjohn
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2009
    • Magnolia, TX
    • Bought a BT3100 and looking to put some nice projects together

Mounting of a BT3100

Has anyone ever mounted a BT3100 to a collapsible stand? I'm looking at trying to save a little space in my garage and was thinking about mounting my BT3100 to a Bosch TS2000 Gravity-Rise Stand. Has anyone used this stand on anything? What are the pros and cons to this method? I might have to make some sort of adapter plate to mount it but I'm not sure of that yet.
    Any information or comments are greatly appreciated.
    - John
  • Uncle Cracker
    The Full Monte
    • May 2007
    • Sunshine State
    • BT3000

I do not know the stand, but assuming that it can handle the base dimensions of the BT, the mounting probably not involve any more than drilling a few new holes, or providing a suitable piece of plywood to accommodate the bolt hole patterns of both pieces. The other factor that may come into play is the weight of the BT as it relates to the gravity-rise system in the stand. For example, if there are springs involved, they may need to be adjusted/substituted. You could probably compare the weight of your BT to some of those that the Bosch stand is rated for, in order to determine whether this would be a problem.

Comment

• jeepjohn
      Forum Newbie
      • Mar 2009
      • Magnolia, TX

It is basically the same collapsible stand that is under the Bosch 4100-09 contractors table saw which has received rave reviews for how well built and heavy-duty the saw was made. People who have reviewed the saw after owning it have also stated how easy it is to collapse and raise.

Comment

• MikeMcM1956
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2008
        • Sugar Land, TX
        • BT3100 & 1950 Delta Unisaw

There's an early review on Amazon from someone that said it works great with a BT-3000. You will have to drill holes, as the predrilled 'universal' holes don't line up.

This looks like a slick little stand, I may pick one up. Having both a BT-3100 and my restoration project Unisaw in the garage takes up a bit of space, might be nice to be able to park the BT in a smaller footprint than the current stand. Amazon's price is ~$160, cheaper than anyone else by a large margin (and free shipping)....

Mike
        Last edited by MikeMcM1956; 04-17-2009, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• jeepjohn
          Forum Newbie
          • Mar 2009
          • Magnolia, TX

Sears has them $150 and the saleswoman at Sears said it could be shipped to the local store for free. I'm not sure if that's true because I look online and shipping is set at ~$23.
          Wow... I'm glad someone else sees this the same as I do about possible being a nice way to do it.... I just wanted to know if there would be any problems due to the fragility of the saw itself, the reason why it lost favor with contractors was durability in the back of their trucks.

Comment

• tjr
            Established Member
            • Oct 2008
            • at the falls of the Ohio
            • BT3000 (1 3/4 of them)

A bit off the subject, here goes: I'll bet to get free shipping to a Sears store you will have to order it at the store using Sears's internal system. Other than special offers, the free store pickup option at sears.com only applies to items that are in stock in the store already.

Comment

• pelligrini
              Veteran Member
              • Apr 2007
              • Fort Worth, TX
              • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by jeepjohn
              Sears has them $150 and the saleswoman at Sears said it could be shipped to the local store for free. I'm not sure if that's true because I look online and shipping is set at ~$23.
              Wow... I'm glad someone else sees this the same as I do about possible being a nice way to do it.... I just wanted to know if there would be any problems due to the fragility of the saw itself, the reason why it lost favor with contractors was durability in the back of their trucks.
              I don't know about the adaptability or configuration of the Bosch stand, but my Craftsman 21829 (BT clone) comes with a folding base. Working out of a 10x12 shed I'd be lost without it. Mine gets put up and down for every work session and I have noticed no alignment problems at all. I still wouldn't want to let it bounce around a truck bed though. Putting it over a threshold and rolling it around in my backyard have had no ill effects.

Having a ~70" work surface that will fold vertical has been very nice for my small space.
              I have a set of half rails that are always attached. (more info

Erik

Comment

• jeepjohn
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2009
                • Magnolia, TX

The TS2000 stand is now priced at 149.99 @ amazon with free shipping. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this! I'll keep you guys posted on my "portable BT3100."

I will most likely created a mounting/adapter plate from 3/4" plywood so as not to drill any holes in the gravity-rise stand.

Comment

• MikeMcM1956
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Nov 2008
                  • Sugar Land, TX

Pelligrini,

Kinda impressive that you have capability for three routers simultaneously, you can do rails and stiles, and still have one more bit available for sumthin' else ....

Mike

Comment

• pelligrini
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2007
                    • Fort Worth, TX
                    • Craftsman 21829

Roundovers
                    Erik

Comment

• MikeMcM1956
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Nov 2008
                      • Sugar Land, TX

And with the saw in the vertical position, it's easy to work your way through each one....

Mike

Comment

• LinuxRandal
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2005
                        • Independence, MO, USA.
                        • bt3100

Just now seeing this, here is an old thread:

http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=27897
                        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...