• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sepra13
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006

instructions for common upgrades

Hello all,

The posted tutorial by JimD on making a BT table extension, router attachment, and upgrading from the the stock SMT is exactly what I'd like to do. However, with out the pictures to go along with the instructions, I'm a little lost. Can anyone point me to another extension/SMT upgrade design with more detailed instructions available? Or, can someone tell me all the aftermarket items I need to buy and where to find them?

Thanks Much
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

There's a few threads in here that have some good pics. Especially a recent one called "Show me your extensions" or something like it.

Check out T-nuts.com for some of the fasteners you'll need. Be sure to follow the link from the front page of BT3central.

Can't really tell you all the aftermarket items you'll need. That'll change with any design.
    Erik

Comment

• Ron P.
      Forum Newbie
      • Oct 2008
      • Navarre Ohio
      • Ryobi BT300

This may help http://www.bt3central.com/index.php?page=articles

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

I was able to view the pictures on the second page of the tutorial. I do not know what happend to the original article, probably I did something wrong but I don't know what, but I think if you go to page two of the comments someone (Rod?) was kind enough to repost the pictures.

If you like my saw, you should also check out "Spruce and Sandeply" in the Mobile BT3s using the link Ron P. provides above. I didn't have at least one of the new little tables at that time but I had the one large table made that has a router table mount. The article has pictures that may be helpful.

I still have a large quantity of the articles at this link printed out somewhere. I particularly liked Rod Kirby's and Jim Frye's. They really helped me when I was getting my BT3100 set up.

Jim

Comment

• sepra13
          Forum Newbie
          • Jan 2006

Thanks Gents. I think I have what I need.

Comment

Working...