• Show
Clear All
  • seagypsy
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2007
    • Jacksonville, Florida
    • BT3000

Zero clearence Plates

I'm in need of a ZCTP. I noticed Shark Guard is no longer selling them, is anyone else? Or, what is the best way to make one, material to use, etc?
    Steve
  • Bruce Cohen
    Veteran Member
    • May 2003
    • Nanuet, NY, USA.
    • BT3100

Steve,

It was right under your nose, under "Partner Links", Steve's T-Nuts http://www.t-nuts.com/bt3c/
    "Western civilization didn't make all men equal,
    Samuel Colt did"

Comment

• poolhound
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2006
      • Phoenix, AZ
      • BT3100

Steve,

They arent really that tough to make. I usually make a batch of them about once a year. You can use a variety of materials some are just more hardy than others, Lexan, Corian, laminate flooring, good quality ply or Solid Wood (my current batch are made from some left over Oak trim). you want them to be flat and support the workpiece appropriatley.
      Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
      techzibits.com

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

I use left over laminated oak flooring or launstein solid oak flooring. Both are about 3/8 thick. I have also made some from ripped down 2x4 scraps. I rabbet the edges, mark the holes (my preferred way is to put upside down screws with sharpened tips in and tap the blank to mark the position), drill the holes and countersink, cut a slot in the back for the splitter and up to about the arbor nut, then install and raise the blade to cut the zero clearance part. It is only important for the front half of the slot to be tight to the blade. Sometimes I enlarge the back half of the slot on the left which seams to reduce dust on top of the saw by increasing airflow past the blade (I use a DC drawing air from the blade chute and from under the saw).

Jim

Comment

Working...