• Show
Clear All
  • shoottx
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • Plano, Texas
    • BT3000

I'll bet I got the only one of

The rip fence on my BT3000 only works when it is set to tighten by pulling up on the handle. If you push the handle all the way down it will release both the back and front locking mechanisms. If you pull the handle all the way up it locks in place and you can’t move it with a semi.

I know, I know there are lots of threads about adjusting the rip fence. I have read most of them, in fact Ion the advice of the threads I added an extra long 10x24 bolt to the back clamp, removed and straightened the front clamp, and re aligned the bolt in the back clamp. Other than disassembling and reassembling the “@#$##%??&*” thing 6 times tonight it works just fine, just backwards. The only problem with this method is the handle interferes with the straight edge of the fence.

So after all of that it appears the roll pin on the rod was hanging up on the insides of the fence. I ground about a 1/8 inch off of each side, and finally got the fence to work correctly. What an enjoyable night
    Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

Sometimes knowledge comes at a higher price than we would like to have paid.

Now you know the ups and downs to the rip fence and you did accomplish the task, so I would have to call it a success. There are many more things that I might choose to succeed at for a higher enjoyment value, but sometimes to do those, your tools just have to work right.
    I think it was a step in the right direction.

I was going to suggest that the cam in the handle may have been inverted, but I haven't had the pleasure lately of tearing into one, so just don't recall.
    Lee

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

I agree with Lee on his last line - the cam was probably inverted. I remember reading about this once on the old Ryobi forum, probably some 5 or 6 years ago. IIRC, the fellow had inverted the front handle cam.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• shoottx
        Veteran Member
        • May 2008
        • Plano, Texas
        • BT3000

Originally posted by Stytooner
        I was going to suggest that the cam in the handle may have been inverted, but I haven't had the pleasure lately of tearing into one, so just don't recall.
        Oh It was inverted, verted( is that the opposite of inverted) changed back and forth several times trying to get the darn thing to work. The rear lock would work smoothly with the cam inverted. When I installed the cam correctly the movement was balkly and was in consistent. I finally figured out the angle of push from the fromlocker changed and it caused the roller pin to wedge evry so often. So after swithching the cam back and forth several times, I found the roller pin binding in the last complete dissasembly of the fence. And every once in a while I think I know something about tools!
        Often in error - Never in doubt

Mike

Comment

Working...