• Show
Clear All
  • conwaygolfer
    Established Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Conway, SC.
    • BT3000

Need advise concerning locker bracket ?

I am a new Bt3000 owner and new to this site. I want to say thanks for all the info I have read. I purchased a BT3000 sight unseen off Ebay. Picked it up and got it home only to find lots of problems with it. I am slowly rebuilding this saw with the advise I have read here. My latest puzzle concerns the locker bracket. When trying to angle the blade, I noticed a lot of movement with the blade even after locking it down. In the process of removing stuff to replace the shims, I see nothing that holds the bracket to the rear cabinet panel. The whole thing just sort of hangs back there with no support. There is about 1-1 1/2 inch travel side to side. On the front panel there seems to be a bracket that attaches it. My question is, is this normal? I see there is a support lock B screwed to the upper end of the bracket, but it attaches to nothing. Am I missing something? The bracket at the other end (locker supt.F) seems to be working, as it holds the locker bracket to the front panel. I see nothing in the owners manual diagram showing how the support lock B is attached to the rear panel. Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps it doesn't even attach??? Thanks in advance for such a great sight..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by conwaygolfer; 06-11-2008, 11:48 AM.
  • eccentrictinkerer
    • Aug 2007
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • BT-3000, 21829

Any chance you can post a photo of the area under discussion?
    You might think I haven't contributed much to the world, but a large number
    of the warning labels on tools can be traced back to things I've done...

Comment

• conwaygolfer
      Established Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Conway, SC.
      • BT3000

I will try tomorrow. Not sure how to post pictures but will soon learn. Thanks!!

Comment

• conwaygolfer
        Established Member
        • Jun 2008
        • Conway, SC.
        • BT3000

Pictures of problem area

The pics are 2 from below and one above. If you are looking from the left side of where the blade would be, you will see my finger pointing to the end of the locker bracket. It is not attached to anything. This allows a person to pull on this bracket and move it about 1 inch. If the blade were attached, it likewise would move the same amount on this end. Hope I am not confusing anyone. It just seems to me that some type of attachment is missing?
        One pic is from above looking at the throat where the blade would normally be. The problem is at the rear? Thanks for any help I can get.

Comment

• cgallery
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2004
          • Milwaukee, WI
          • BT3K

First, the parts manual is here:

There is a locker support (part #71 in the parts manual) at the front and back of the carraige. I believe this has a pin that extends into a plate that screws to the bottom of the saw. The assembly acks as a hinge.

I'm thinking you're missing that plate. I don't know if it is available separately or comes w/ the locker support. But I am including a picture of the bottom of a BT3100 that is my parts saw so you can see what it should look like.
          Attached Files

Comment

• conwaygolfer
            Established Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Conway, SC.
            • BT3000

Locker support bracket

Cgallery,
            You are absolutely right. I see that I am missing the small plate that screws to the bottom of the table, into which the locker support attaches and acts like a hinge. There is one on the opposite side.
            Does anyone know where I can find this one I am missing? I don't even see it on the owners manual parts diagram. Thanks again.....

Comment

• cgallery
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2004
              • Milwaukee, WI
              • BT3K

Originally posted by conwaygolfer
              Cgallery,
              You are absolutely right. I see that I am missing the small plate that screws to the bottom of the table, into which the locker support attaches and acts like a hinge. There is one on the opposite side.
              Does anyone know where I can find this one I am missing? I don't even see it on the owners manual parts diagram. Thanks again.....
              I imagine that it comes w/ the locker bracket. Perhaps a phone call to Ryobi technical support is in order?

Comment

• conwaygolfer
                Established Member
                • Jun 2008
                • Conway, SC.
                • BT3000

locker bracket

I found the clamp plate and roller pin I needed on the parts list. It was part number 14 and 15. Funny I did not notice it earlier. Also found a company online called M and D Mower which had the parts in stock. Not to give free advertizing for them, but they sure helped me locate what I needed. Thanks you again for all your help also. Much appreciated.
                Conwaygolfer

Comment

Working...