• Show
Clear All
  • JoeyGee
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • Sylvania, OH, USA.
    • BT3100-1

Irony?

Does anyone else find it ironic that the BT3x00 forum is one of the least used on BT3Central?

Is it just attributible to the lack of new BT3's coming out and as a result very few newbies to this wonderful little machine?
    Joe
  • sparkeyjames
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Redford MI.
    • Craftsman 21829

Since the BT3X00 has of course been discontinued except in the guise of the Craftsman 21829 it's little wonder that there are so few posts by new users here in this forum. I mean it's BT3Central not 21829Central. Guaranteed that most 21829 owners do not know that their saw is a BT3x00 in Craftsman clothing. Also LCHIENS FAQ or a quick search pretty much covers most of the questions so there is little need to post them anyway.
    Last edited by sparkeyjames; 04-28-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• drumpriest
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2004
      • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
      • Powermatic PM 2000

Also don't discount the number of us who had bt3 saws, loved them, but have moved to the dark side. We stay here because the forum is great, but have little to post about the 3100. I try to answer any 3100 questions, but most have been well addressed, as sparkeyjames points out.

The tools and project boards have interest for everyone on the board, not just 3100 owners. Additionally, one would hope that the saw performs well, and we are spending more time making projects and looking for other tools than having issues with the 3100.
      Keith Z. Leonard
      Go Steelers!

Comment

• RayintheUK
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2003
        • Crowborough, East Sussex, United Kingdom.
        • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by JoeyGee
        Does anyone else find it ironic that the BT3x00 forum is one of the least used on BT3Central?

Is it just attributable to the lack of new BT3's coming out and as a result very few newbies to this wonderful little machine?
        I don't think so.

This has always been one of those places where you can discuss pretty much anything politely and - as the title says - "It's not just about the saw."

Ray.
        Did I offend you? Click here.

Comment

• crokett
          The Full Monte
          • Jan 2003
          • Mebane, NC, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000

For those who have been around long enough, this section of the forum was much more active when the BT3000/31000 was still being sold. It was also very active when the 3100 came out. So I think most of it is that the saw is no longer being made.
          David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...