• Show
Clear All
  • poolhound
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2006
    • Phoenix, AZ
    • BT3100

Bob,

Thats an awesome combination. Whats the benchtop made from, it looks really thick.
    Jon

Phoenix AZ - It's a dry heat

We all make mistakes and I should know I've made enough of them
    techzibits.com

Comment

• HarmsWay
      • Nov 2003
      • Victoria, BC
      • BT3000

The top is salvaged hard maple and is not as thick as the vise jaw liners - it's only about an inch and a half. The rest is a combination of western maple, birch & maple ply.

Comment

• LarryG
        The Full Monte
        • May 2004
        • Off The Back
        • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Joe: Yes, I still have the Dual-Width Extension Wing. Although I have indeed gone over to the Dark Side. My BT3100 is now stashed under one of the wings of my temporary miter saw bench.

Bob: Lovely craftsmanship on your wide/mobile base. That's pretty much the same look I will have for my permanent miter saw bench, which with any luck will get built later this year, as soon as I clear some other projects off my assembly table ...
        Larry

Comment

• LarryG
          The Full Monte
          • May 2004
          • Off The Back
          • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Giving this a bump to say that yesterday I ran a tape measure over my Dual-Width Extension Wing and now have all the principle dimensions recorded. Next step is to get it drawn up. That will take a little while longer but I wanted all those who requested a drawing to know that I AM working on it. Thanks very much for your patience.
          Larry

Comment

Working...