Clear All
  • Les Sayers
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • N. Ireland
    • Piece of ****

BT3000 in UK

Hi again.

Just thought I would drop by and let you know that my BT is up and running.

All replacement parts were obtained from "gardnerinc.com". They provide a very good service and after some faffing about, caused by my spam trap, I received the parts 4 days after dispatch (Royal Mail take note!). All parts including P&P came to around $70.00 (£35.00), which I think is a steal.

I was somewhat sceptical about the accuracy claims; but I willingly eat my hat - the saw is supremely accurate. OK, it may be a little underpowered so one has to know or be aware of the limitations in that regard.

I took the time to modify the saw, mostly from information gleaned here, and for that I thank all who gave such good counsel. In doing the modifications I suppose I have virtually rebuilt the saw. One thing i did do which might be of interest to you was to install a series of "curtains" inside the saw around the blade (made from Butyl rubber - rubber roofing?). Attached with contact cement the blade is virtually sealed - really good extraction now with a shop vac, you can really hear the air whistling through ZCTP with the saw running, not cutting.

I will post a few photos soon as I am in the process of building a large saw station come router station come assembly table. When I do you can let me know what you think.

Back soon and thanks again for all the help and information, needless to say I am well chuffed.
Working...