• Show
Clear All
  • billme
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2008
    • Just outside Vancouver, BC

Craftsman 094 227 413 10 bt3?

Good Day,

I was checking the sears.ca website and the store, and came accross their item 094 227 413 10. Would anyone be able to confirm if this is a bt3###.
    It is not a portable unit, it is a stationary unit, but has many of the same features of the portable unit, and looks quite similar in detail.

thank you,
  • LinuxRandal
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Independence, MO, USA.
    • bt3100

That is the Canadian version, although you can't check it by typing in the model number.

The stand is like the old BT3100, not the newer 21829, but the top and router table appear flat like the 21829, however you have slides in the router table that we don't.
    She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• LarryG
      The Full Monte
      • May 2004
      • Off The Back
      • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

It also appears to include the items, and more, that for US buyers were in the optional Accessory Kit, which retailed for $100 (although many got the kit free during various rebate-like promotions). Some of the stuff in the kit is pretty desirable, some is pretty crappy; but the inclusion does help offset the higher CA$549 price.
      Larry

Comment

• billme
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2008
        • Just outside Vancouver, BC

Hello,

Thank you for your input.
        As this will be my first table saw, I wanted to make sure I was not considering a poor model. Funny that the stores in Canada will not match their own website price. (I asked the sales person at the store)
        Her quote "we do not match website prices".

Comment

• williamr
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2006
          • Mazatlan or Toronto
          • BT3000SX

Originally posted by billme
          Hello,

Thank you for your input.
          As this will be my first table saw, I wanted to make sure I was not considering a poor model. Funny that the stores in Canada will not match their own website price. (I asked the sales person at the store)
          Her quote "we do not match website prices".
          I have had my BT3000SX since 2000/2001 -- can't remember :-) Got it at the new Home Depot in Newmarket. Gone through a lot of blades and quite a few sharpenings...

Web site pricing is like any "mail-order" model of marketing. Lower overhead -- lower prices.

Comment

• big tim
            • Mar 2006
            • Scarborough, Toronto,Canada
            • SawStop PCS

That unit is on sale now in the stores for $449.99. While in the flyer that came with yesterdays local paper it is identified as 098 427 413, it looks identical to the one you were talking about, the 094 227 413 on the sears.ca website.

Tim
            Sometimes my mind wanders. It's always come back though......sofar!

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

Sears website in the USA, has the ability to order it online with local pickup. If the website one is cheaper (when you buy it), over the store one, can you pick it up at the store, verses delivery?
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

Working...