• Show
Clear All
  • JohnnyLisa
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2005
    • Pensacola, Florida
    • Sears Craftsman # 21829

Rip fence adjustment

Hello again, everyone, and thank you all for a wonderful website!

The information here has been of more value than I can tell you for making all the adjustments my Sears 21829 needed to work correctly (finally).

I picked up a used rip fence a while back and need to know how to adjust it so that it locks firmly on the rear rail. I have the adjustment screw in the back of the fence all the way in and it still has a little wiggle to it. Is there a way to tighten this up other than this screw, or should I just replace it with a longer one? Any help or referral to an appropriate thread would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    John
  • JimD
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2003
    • Lexington, SC.

John,

I do not remember whether screwed in or out will cause the rear to lock up quicker but if you try it both ways and neither locks up, then the rod running down the center of the rip fence (inside the extrusion) must not be there or in place properly. To lock correctly, the front needs to lock up first and then the rear. The good news is once it is set, you should not need to mess with it - I haven't adjusted mine in years.

Jim

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

Screw in to tighten, out to loosen. Some have had to replace the OEM screw with a longer one.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Slik Geek
        • Dec 2006
        • Lake County, Illinois
        • Ryobi BT-3000

Has anyone had a problem with the plastic "roller holder" not dropping into the slot in the rear rail? I have two fences. One drops in just fine. The other acts like the fence is a bit too long, so the latching assembly "roller holder" interferes with the opening in the rail, rather than dropping in - and thus allowing the latch to catch the rail.

I compared the fences side by side, and couldn't see an obvious difference that would explain the interference.

Comment

Working...