Clear All
  • Wooden_Go
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2007
    • Rocky Mountains
    • BT3000

I am glad to find this site..

Hello all,
    I have recently started turning pens and small stuff for the first time. I have a BT3000 I think. (It's in the basement).

I really never used it. Got it from my brother when he moved and I used my bandsaw & miter saw. You probably find this hard to understand but I was just about ready to give this BT3000 away. Couldn't figure out how to modify the umpteen jigs, slaeds and hold downs since they are all for table saw top dealeys.

I accidently found a reference to BT3 from another user, checked it out and see that you'all have this stuff figured out. So I am keeping it and getting it in shape for my pen stuff. Lot's of angle cuts in smaller stock. Way to dangerous on my Miter saw and the bandsaw doesn't leave a good surface.

Anyway I am looking forward to using the site a lot.

I am in Broomfield Colorado and our autumn leaves have not started to change. Change from green to yellow, that is.

Bob
  • Hoakie
    Established Member
    • Feb 2007
    • Iowa
    • Craftsman 21829

Glad you stumbled across this site. Many experts here to help you get the saw running in tip-top shape. I'm looking forward to seeing your work.
    John
    To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. ~ Edison

Comment

• Uncle Cracker
      The Full Monte
      • May 2007
      • Sunshine State
      • BT3000

Welcome aboard, Bob. Many of us (we call them "darksiders") have moved on from the BT saws to bigger and beefier machines, although most still have a lot of respect for the ingenuity and versatility of the little Ryobis. Regardless of the saws we use, we all share a common respect for each other, and a love for all machinery that produces wood dust in great quantities. You will find some of the smartest people anywhere (wish I was one of them) on this site, and we're all just here to help each other. Have fun!

Comment

• Alex Franke
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2007
        • Chapel Hill, NC
        • Ryobi BT3100

Welcome to the best forum on the planet! Literally. There's nothing -- absolutely nothing (well, aside from religion or politics, I guess ) -- that the members here can't shed some light on. (Trust me, I've gotten help with everything from extracting splinters from 2-year-olds to figuring out why some road names contain the word "level".)

Someday, I too will be a darksider... I just need to be a bit quicker on the trigger while reading the Bargain Alerts section!
        online at http://www.theFrankes.com
        while ( !( succeed = try() ) ) ;
        "Life is short, Art long, Occasion sudden and dangerous, Experience deceitful, and Judgment difficult." -Hippocrates

Comment

• JTimmons
          • Feb 2005
          • Denver, CO.
          • Grizzly 1023SLX, Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by Wooden_Go
          I am in Broomfield Colorado and our autumn leaves have not started to change. Change from green to yellow, that is.
          Bob
          Welcome Bob, I work out here in Broomfield, live out in Commerce City (out by DIA). We were up at Rocky Mtn National Park this weekend and the apens are just starting to change, the elk are starting to come down into Estes and there's some dusting on tops of some of the peaks, it won't be long.

As everyone has said, BT3 is a great place to be.
          "Happiness is your dentist telling you it won't hurt and then having him catch his hand in the drill."
          -- Johnny Carson

Comment

• leehljp
            Just me
            • Dec 2002
            • Tunica, MS
            • BT3000/3100

Welcome to the forum. Join in the fun. I have two BTs - 3000 in Japan and a 3100 in the US. I also have a 3rd one that is in pieces that I found outside at a construction site. It is my backup pieces machine.

I am the crazy one here. I had a Unisaw left to me by my dad. It was used hard and had to be babied to keep running smooth.

I am well satisfied with the BTs. Hope you get to enjoy yours too!

We do pen turnings here also. Post some picts of your work.
            Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• Pappy
              The Full Monte
              • Dec 2002
              • San Marcos, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 (x2)

Welcome to the Asylum, Bob!

Don't be bashful about asking questions, especially about your BT and jigs for it. A wealth of info is here at your fingertips.
              Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
              Fools because they have to say something.
              Plato

Comment

• Wooden_Go
                Forum Newbie
                • Sep 2007
                • Rocky Mountains
                • BT3000

Many thanks guys. As soon as I get rid of stuff on top of the saw I'll get it going. I put a piece of MDF on top for a work top of sorts.

On the other hand I just got my new Nova midi-chuck today. Life is good.
                Bob

Comment

• John Hunter
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2004
                  • Lake Station, IN, USA.
                  • BT3000 & BT3100

Welcome aboard!
                  John Hunter

Comment

Working...