• Show
Clear All
  • reddog552
    Established Member
    • Dec 2006
    • Belleville Il.
    • Bt3000

Switched recepticle

Im having problems with the recepticle on my BT3000. I have to wiggle the plug sometimes to get the saw running. Anywere to ger a new rec. Ive looked but havent seen any,Any help will be greatly appricated.
    The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten!
  • charliex
    • Mar 2004
    • Spring Valley, MN, USA.
    • Sears equivelent BT3100-1

First check for a broken wire at the plug. With the saw on and holding the plug steady with your left hand and with the right hand bend the cord over to 90 degress and move the cord in a slow circle. If the wire is broken the saw will stop and when you move the cord back to where it stopped it will start again. If that don't work. I would remove the recptical and check for a loose connection. which is what your problem sounds like to me. With a minor change to how ithe switch is mounted you can make it so that you can remove the side panal without removing the switch. Handy for making adjustments and cleaning inside. Good luck with fixing the problem.
    Chas

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

I might also use a different tool to check the receptacle like a lead light or a drill. If it doesn't have the same issues that the saw does then the plug on the saw is the problem. That way you don't have a blade spinning that you aren't watching. Just my .02. And in my case, it'd be something I only have time to do at night when people are asleep.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

Working...