• Show
Clear All
  • gbeskow
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2007
    • Elk Mound, WI
    • BT3000

Blade Elevation Problem...Still

First of all, I goofed! I recently found out I had stripped the threads on my motor bracket that provides for blade raising and lowering. After extensive research here and on other sites, I determined the best course of action was the commonly referred to "Helicoil fix". I took everything apart and began the process. Only one small problem - I didn't drill the pilot hole for the insert tap straight. It is at a slight angle. At the time I didn't know this was incorrect. I thought that the drill bit would follow the existing hole that was there, but apparently that was not the case. I continued with the rest of the process (not knowing that the hole straightness was an issue yet), including installing the insert and verifying that the shaft would run through it without a problem. I them reassembled the whole saw again anxious to have my saw back in tip top shape. Wrong! I can barely get the motor to raise and it just binds right up trying to lower. Everything else moves freely, so it has to be the angle of the hole that is causing problems.

Am I now officially hosed? I can't redrill the hole at the correct angle because then the insert won't thread in properly. Can I weld material inside the hole to redrill and tap the threads? Can I fill the hole with JB Weld and do the same thing?

BTW - I have the older style motor and motor bracket, not the one you can purchase through Sears, Ryobi, or m-and-d. If I had the newer one, this problem would have been solved 3 weeks ago and I would have been making sawdust for a while now!

Please offer some advice. I'm frustrated and sick of not having my saw. Thanks!

Greg
  • Sawatzky
    Established Member
    • Apr 2005
    • CA
    • Ridgid TS3650

I looked into replacing the whole part on my saw. You can buy the part from Ryobi, but it is a bit cheaper at a web site called M and D Mower. If I remember correctly the part was about $20.00 You will have to wait for shipping, but at this point that may be your only option. $20.00 is not that much for the part, so check it out.

Comment

• Russianwolf
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2004
      • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
      • One of them there Toy saws

post a pic so I can make sure which part we're looking at. I have two older saws I'm parting out so I should have what you need.
      Mike
      Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• gbeskow
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2007
        • Elk Mound, WI
        • BT3000

I have the motor bracket for the older motor shown here as #11 (this is the best diagram I could find). This is the exact same as the one you are currently selling on ebay (notice the big lug on the side of the motor).

This is the motor bracket for the newer motor here as #9. This one is available from several different outlets, but it will not fit my motor. I in fact bought one of these and found out that it doesn't fit my motor.

Please let me know if you have one like the one I need. Thanks a lot!

Greg
        Last edited by gbeskow; 06-19-2007, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Russianwolf
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

I'm disassembling the C'man tonight, so I'll be able to say for sure. From what I remember when I was putting it back together after Patrick started tearing it down, I think I have what you need as this should be a clone of the old BT3000 in every way shape and form.
          Mike
          Lakota's Dad

Comment

• gbeskow
            Forum Newbie
            • Mar 2007
            • Elk Mound, WI
            • BT3000

Let me know what you find when you get around to it Mike. I appreciate your help on this!

Greg

Comment

• Russianwolf
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2004
              • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

I have good news and bad news.

The good: We have a match.

The bad: I have a broken screw stuck in it and can't find my vise grips to try getting it out. I've already ground a flat spot on it, just can get enough grip.

If you can retap the one you've got, you can probably get this screw out. You up for the challenge?
              Mike
              Lakota's Dad

Comment

• gbeskow
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2007
                • Elk Mound, WI
                • BT3000

I'll give it my best shot. PM me with a price and I'll give you my address for delivery. Thanks!

Greg

Comment

• Russianwolf
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2004
                  • Martinsburg, WV, USA.

PM sent....
                  Mike
                  Lakota's Dad

Comment

Working...