• Show
Clear All
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

Worth Of My BT3100?

Now that I've gone to the Dark Side, my three-year-old BT3100-1 is for sale. I'd like to sell the basic saw plus a few generally-desirable extras as a package deal, rather than part it all out. The question is how much to ask for it. I want to be fair, but fair includes both the buyer AND me.

If some of the more experienced members here would be interested in helping me establish a fair market value, please send me a PM and I'll give you a list of what all will be included.

Thanks much!
    Larry
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Assuming excellent condition; $175.00 saw only then for accessories 50% of new cost.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• jackellis
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2003
      • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
      • BT3100

Larry, I'm facing the same question now that I've fallen for the same deal you have. My saw is in very good condition. I have the entire accessory package, an extra set of (BT 3000) rails, a package of T-nuts and studs (that I might keep), possibly a new Shark Guard, depending on how much of the old one I can use on the new saw, an extra dual miter slot table and maybe some jigs.

I was thinking I'd like to get at between $300 and $400 for the whole thing. It's probably worth a bit more than that parted out but then there's the hassle factor.

Comment

• docrowan
        • Mar 2007
        • New Albany, MS
        • BT3100

I've been searching for a used BT3100 near me for about a month now. Just bought a very lightly used one for $225.00, no extras. Considering the only new model comparable is the 21829 at $450.00 (possibly $400 on sale, but I've not seen it on sale yet.) I considered it a fair price. Most of the users on this site appear to consider the original sale price at $275.00 underpriced for the value received. Looks like Sears figured that out.
        - Chris.

Comment

Working...