What's the newest model of the BT saw for sale?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mzancz
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

What's the newest model of the BT saw for sale?

I think the last model Ryobi made was the BT3100, but I am unable to find it in any stores. Has it been discontinued or replaced by another model?

I just bought a Hitachi mobile jobsite saw, and it is horrible, the fence wanders no matter how much you adjust it and you cannot get a straight cut. I am going to return this asap, and get another saw and I wanted to get the ryobi but cant find it anywhere.

I went with the Hitachi because of the mobile bas option. I have read about some guys mouting the bt310o to a mobile base, even the foldable Bosch one. The bosch gravity stand is about $150, if you spend that much for the stand and then say another $200 for the saw, should you just spend a little more and get the actual bosch saw already on the stand?

Any suggestion, this Hitachi is definitly going back!
  • Crash2510
    • Feb 2006
    • North Central Ohio

The ryobi saw has apparently been discontinued, but some can still be found in stores. Another option, if you would still like a bt, would be to get the one on the mobile base built for sears craftsman #21829
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes
    Phil In Ohio
    The basement woodworker

Comment

• whitecobra
      Established Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
      • BT3K with most accessories

Unfortunately gone

Ryobi has shifted directions and the BT as we all know it is gone bye bye

Dr D
      Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
      www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• BT3 WOODOG
        Forum Newbie
        • Jan 2007

Are the rails on the "Sears" version the same as the BT3000 or BT3100? I also noticed on the Sears web site that they have a "Micro Positioner,has anybody tried it,if so how well does it work???

Comment

• eddy merckx
          Established Member
          • Mar 2006
          • Western WA
          • Shop Fox Cabinet

Are the rails on the "Sears" version the same as the BT3000 or BT3100? I also noticed on the Sears web site that they have a "Micro Positioner,has anybody tried it,if so how well does it work???
          They work perfectly. I got one of those last year. It allows very precise fence adjustment. Also nice if you use the rip fence for a router fence.

Eddy

Comment

• DLHarrison
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2006
            • Avon, Indiana, USA.

Look at the Ridgid TS2400LS - I switched from the BT3100 to the Ridgid with no regrets.

Comment

• eezlock
              • Feb 2006
              • Charlotte,N.C.
              • BT3100

newest Bt saw...

The only current saw is the one sold at Sears it seems. Lately Ryobi has
              been draggin' butt so to speak about introducing any new versions of
              their saw, kinda makes one wonder if they are going to come out with a
              new one or just continue producing other things beside woodworking tools.

Comment

• whitecobra
                Established Member
                • Aug 2006
                • 3 Miles from Disney in Orlando
                • BT3K with most accessories

Micro positioner is EXCELLENT
                Use it all the time it works really well
                I sue it with the Wixey digital fence and together it is a great micro fine fence saw combo

Dr D
                Newest site to learn woodworking, DIY and Home Renovation.
                www.onlineshopclass.com built by woodworkers for woodworkers and supported by the industry so everyone wins

If you are in the Orlando area contact me lets get together and talk saw dust (or food or anything else you like except sports)

My wife and I are National Food Judges so we CAN talk food with the best.

Dr Dave

Comment

• drumpriest
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2004
                  • Pittsburgh, Pa, USA.
                  • Powermatic PM 2000

eezlock, I honestly believe that there will not be a new model forthcoming. My reasoning is that each new ryobi model of a woodworking tool seems to be lesser than the previous. They don't want them to compete with the Rigid line. Why have a 100$ spindle sander and a 200$ spindle/belt sander?? Drop the 100$ version and people will buy the 200$ version.

The ap1300 planer was too good, competed with the Rigid, the 1301 is significantly different than the rigid now, and doesn't compete in the same feature space.
                  Keith Z. Leonard
                  Go Steelers!

Comment

• MikeR
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Dec 2006
                    • Bayside, NY
                    • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by whitecobra
                    Micro positioner is EXCELLENT
                    Use it all the time it works really well
                    I sue it with the Wixey digital fence and together it is a great micro fine fence saw combo

Dr D
                    Can't find it on line. Can you post a part number?

Many thanks,

Cheers,

MikeR

Comment

• eddy merckx
                      Established Member
                      • Mar 2006
                      • Western WA
                      • Shop Fox Cabinet

Can't find it on line. Can you post a part number?
                      This is the Micropositioner. It fits the BT3 series or the Sears 92189.
                      I had to order mine from Sears online. It was really worth it.

Eddy

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...bcat=Table+Saw

Comment

• sunset
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Feb 2006
                        • Lake Huron shoreline

I was at a wood show recently and chatted to a Ryobi rep whom I've referred to previously. We talked about whether there would be a replacement for the BT3100 and his responce was they are dropping the BT15and making it a BT16. Apparently they will "build-up" the BT16 so it's closer to the BT3100 level. Unfortunately our hopes of an improved "BT3200 etc" are not in the plans. FWIW.

Comment

• eezlock
                          • Feb 2006
                          • Charlotte,N.C.
                          • BT3100

newest model of BT saw?........

Keith, you are probably right about Ryobi, not introducing a newer model of the BT#saw. My only concern is the availabilty of (new)replacement parts
                          for the one's currently out there and in use. I know that a lot of parts are/
                          will be available thru e-bay and other souces, but at what cost? Major parts like motors will most likely soar in price, belts will slowly disappear and leave
                          some of us stuck between a rock and a hard place...so to speak!

If that starts to be the normal for parts, and my saw craps out, it too,
                          will be replaced, as I suppose most others will do.I would hate to have
                          to buy a stock of parts just to be able to keep the saw running in the
                          next 2 -4 years! Just a few thoughts about the future here....eezlock

Comment

• JoeyGee
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • Sylvania, OH, USA.
                            • BT3100-1

I saw a display model BT3100 at a traveling Cummins tool show yesterday. The display was marked at $160, but there was also a sticker for refurbs in a box for $200. I don't know if they actually had any or not. I was in a hurry and couldn't ask. The display was pretty beat up--like just fresh off a tour of duty at HD.

I am watching these shows...if I can find the Ryobi OSS and 1300 planer, I'm jumping on them--even if I have to sleep in my car for a few weeks.
                            Joe

Comment

Working...