X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesse
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006

Mounting router to my router table

What the best way to center the router on the BT31 router table? I want to use the alum plate that comes with the Bt3100 Thanks Jesse
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

If you bought the router mounting kit or the larger accessory kit find the insert with the smallest hole. Affix the router mounting plate to the accessory table with either the supplied screws or you own 1/4" x 20 flat head screws. Place the above plastic insert into the accessory table. either a 45° chamfering bit or a double ended centering bit chucked up in the router. With the Acc. table upside down and supported at each end place your router in its approximate place and raise the bit until it makes full and even contact with the hole in the insert. Carefully draw around your router's sub-base and make a witness mark at any one loacation so that you can line it up the same later. Make sure when you are doing this that you take in mind where you want the controls of the router to end up once mounted. When you are satisfied with your place ment remove your router's sub-base and use its' mounting holes as a guide for drilling the mounting plate. Countersink the top of the plate as a final step.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...