X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jesse
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006

mounting router to my router table

I want to mount my Dewalt router to the alum plate that go under the router table that came with my BT3100. Can someone tell me the best way to center the shaft in the opening. Thanks Jesse
  • LarryG
    The Full Monte
    • May 2004
    • Off The Back
    • Powermatic PM2000, BT3100-1

The hole in the aluminum plate is most likely a lot larger than the center hole in your router's base.

Remove the plastic base from your router and place it on a flat surface, then lay the aluminum plate from the router mounting kit atop it. Use a small rule to measure at intervals around the holes until you get them concentric. Then carefully hold both plates together while you pick them up and turn them over (you may want to apply some tape, to keep them from moving). Transfer the locations of the plastic base plate's mounting holes to the aluminum plate and you're ready to start drilling.

Since the bit is round and has no "parallel' relationship to anything, you don't have to get this EXACTLY perfect. Obviously you want to be as close as you can, but if you're a 64th or a 32nd off, it won't matter ... and you be able to easily get that close.
    Larry

Comment

Working...