X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • linear
    • May 2004
    • DeSoto, KS, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3100

I just put a WWII thin kerf on, thanks to the recent sale. Before that I used the Freud stock BT3 blade. I can tell some improvement going to the WWII but I don't have much time with it yet.

Seems like most of us are inclined to like the blade we got. Dance with the one that brung ya I guess.
    --Rob

sigpic

Comment

• Black wallnut
      cycling to health
      • Jan 2003
      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
      • BT3k 1999

I still have the OEM Frued blade that came with my saw but have not used it in years due to it needing to be sharpened. Most of the time I use an 80 tooth Freud TK, sometimes a 60 tooth TK Freud, with the exception of any multiple rips where i'll switch to a 24 tooth rip blade, not sure of the brand. ~40% of my cuts are hardwood, ~30% plywood, ~20 % softwood and the balance all others. With rips and cross cuts near 60:40 ratio in aggregate length.

Most stock is 4/4 but I have ripped 8/4 with the high tooth count blades.
      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Roger on the Rock
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2006
        • St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
        • BT-3100

WW II Thin Kerf. Works great!!

Comment

• Slik Geek
          • Dec 2006
          • Lake County, Illinois
          • Ryobi BT-3000

Originally posted by Roger on the Rock
          WW II Thin Kerf. Works great!!
          I'll second that. I just got mine last week (thanks to the bargain alert). Used it on hard maple that I had just jointed one side. Couldn't tell which side of my boards was jointed after I ripped the boards to width on my BT3000 with the WW II TK. (And no, my jointer blades aren't worn - they are quite new and are yielding a very smooth surface. The WW II is just providing exceptionally smooth cuts - can't see tooth marks even looking at reflected light off the maple edge).

Comment

• glenx

what blade do you use.....

I've had my BT3000 for 10 years now and very rarely use anything other than an 80 toothed blade: I make furniture so have never found I needed any other type of blade.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...