• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hermit
    Established Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Somerset, PA, USA.

How much should I ask for bt3k?

I just bought a new TS and am going to be selling my BT3K locally. Its the 3000 version with the square stand. I have a whole lot of extras....

Wide table kit
    Outfeed table
    Casters
    Modified fence
    Nice storage cabinet under stand
    many jigs designed for it... tenon jig, spline jig, featherboards, zctps, etc.

I'm looking for input on asking price. I was thinking around $275 figuring to come down to $250. Thoughts? We still have Cummins coming around here with stock versions at $299.
    thanks,
    Todd
  • jackellis
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2003
    • Tahoe City, CA, USA.
    • BT3100

I'd start higher and explain why. The stock saw and stand are worth north of $150 and maybe as much as $200. The wide table kit has to be worth another $50-75 by itself (rails?). Outfeed table jigs, cabinet are all stuff someone will have to spend money and time to buy or build.

If you can afford to be patient, I'd say start at $350 and be prepared to come down from there. Make sure you mention the extras in your ad, which I assume will be craigslist??

FWIW, there are lots of BTS15 class Craftsman saws on craigslist out here in the SF area that are being advertised for $100.

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
      • Dec 2006
      • hagerstown, md

Have you thought about parting it out?

I'd be interested in your jigs and the outfeed table I'm not that far away from you. You'll have to tell me where Cummins is as well
      Last edited by siliconbauhaus; 02-12-2007, 02:35 PM.
      パトリック
      daiku woodworking
      ^deshi^
      neoshed

Comment

• hermit
        Established Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Somerset, PA, USA.

Thanks for the justification. I thought maybe I was going too high. Maybe I'll start around $300. I live in a small town, with a VERY small classified section. I was just going to advertise in there for the local area.
        -
        I know you can make out parting it out, but I really don't want to mess around with all that. I just want to get it out of my way now.

Todd

Comment

• Russianwolf
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2004
          • Martinsburg, WV, USA.
          • One of them there Toy saws

be sure to list it in craigslist also.
          Mike
          Lakota's Dad

If at first you don't succeed, deny you were trying in the first place.

Comment

• os1kne
            • Jan 2003
            • Atlanta, GA
            • BT3100

Todd,
            If you do decide to part it out, let me know. I'm interested in the outfeed table. My parents live near Somerset, out in the country not far from Seven Springs.

Thanks.
            Bill

Comment

Working...