X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

belts - the removal of

I'm taking a couple of bits off the saw that I sold because people asked for them before the entire saw was sold.

I've managed to get everything off and successfully got the belt closest to the blade off. The problem I'm having is how to get the inner belt off???

If I cant come up with a solution I'm going to have to give up on them and make amends.
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed
  • siliconbauhaus
    • Dec 2006
    • hagerstown, md

gahhhhh

anyone got a solution ?
    パトリック
    daiku woodworking
    ^deshi^
    neoshed

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Well when I put my replacement belts on my saw I made a tool to help get them on. I tool some plastic electrical conduit and cut half of it off to about 1" from the end so it made a sort of scoop on the end. That helped get the belts onto the shaft and then I could move them along.

It might help in getting the belt off.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• mrojec
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2006
        • Englewood, CO
        • Ryobi BT3000 (for now)

Mine is an older (15 yrs) saw, so I'm not sure if your pulleys are the same. Mine are ribbed, and I just kept pushing the belt towards the end of the pulley while turning it by hand. The belt pops over rib by rib until it comes off. They have to be done one at a time, of course. It's time consuming and a pain in the neck, but it works.
        Mark

Comment

• siliconbauhaus
          • Dec 2006
          • hagerstown, md

I was doing exactly that mate. I got the first one off but just couldnt get the leverage on the other one. In the end I just put the fisrt one back on (which was easier than getting it off) and let the saw go.

At least now if I have something go wrong with my bt3, I've got a good idea of what I'll have to do.
          パトリック
          daiku woodworking
          ^deshi^
          neoshed

Comment

Working...