X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wmartins
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006

Dual miter slot and sleds

I have the dual miter slot installed on the left side of the blade on my BT3100. Do I need a second slot on the right side to run a table saw sled ? Or these two are enough to ensure parallelism with the blade ?
    If it is enough does anybody has a picture of a sled built for this set up that can be posted ?
    Many thanks,
    Walter.
  • Stormbringer
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2005
    • Floral Park, NY
    • Bosch 4000

Originally posted by wmartins
    Do I need a second slot on the right side to run a table saw sled ? Or these two are enough to ensure parallelism with the blade ?
    If it is enough does anybody has a picture of a sled built for this set up that can be posted ?
    Many thanks,
    Walter.
    Walter,

What you have is fine. There are sleds out there that use only one slot. Many sleds are built assuming the stock will be placed at the rear of the sled (closest to the operator). I have found that sleds that allow you to place the stock against the front of the sled without a rear lip allow you to cut larger pieces on smaller tables (as is my case) since the weight of the piece is on the table (front of the sled). If you have only one slot put one runner thre and use the left edge of the table as a second spot for another runner.

Off the top of my head I know there is a definite pic of this type of sled in Danny Proulx book on cabinet drawers and doors and a very recent one in either Wood or one of the mags that recently did like a top 10 jigs issue.

I'll scan the article if your interested.

Greg
    Last edited by Stormbringer; 01-24-2007, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

Something like this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Miter Sled.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	780252

Click image for larger version

Name:	Miter Sled bottom.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	780253
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• wmartins
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2006

Thank you very much for responses and pictures. Just what I needed to know.

Comment

• thestinker
          • Oct 2005
          • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

On the ryobi miter slots, are they dual slots or is one a T-track, and is there an advantage to having the t-track homemade that will accept T stuff as well as an "incra" type of mitre gauge or does the Ryobi one fufill most needs?
          Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

Working...