Clear All
  • ewingda
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • Winston-Salem, NC
    • BT3100 & SawStop 3HP

SMT slides - parts

Hello gang,

I recently dropped my SMT - well not really dropped. I bumped it trying to avoid another object when I had it off the saw and the plastic slides broke. By slides I mean the small black plastic pieces that hold the sliding table to the base. These are installed on 3 eccentric and 1 standard screw and sandwhich the sliding flange on the base.

I hope you know what I mean. I cant remember what the actual name for them is.

I ordered more of them from order tree...and they sent me 2 packages of the lower ones. (upper and lowere are different) But the part numbers were correct. No biggie.

Question 1 - where can I get parts for the BT3100? I was told ordertree does not carry parts anymore.

Question 2 - has anyone tried to make replacements for these slides? I was thinking that there is no reason that they need to even sandwhich together and could be one piece. I was thinking UHMW or Aluminum. I could get the new ones and measure the slide gap and cut it to the same size and drill the same hole.

Question 2.5 - Your thoughts??

Thanks!
    Dave Ewing
    woodshop@davidewingjr.us
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

#2 I suppose thatyou could make your own but do not use Aluminum as Al on Al will GALL!

Have heard M&D Mower has parts or you could just call Ryobi, if your saw is less than 2 years old they may cover it under warranty.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

Working...