• Show
Clear All
  • ke4rdb
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2006
    • Mooresville, NC
    • Ridgid TS3650

BT3100 & Went to Dark Side

I went to the dark-side this weekend, bought a Ridgid TS3650. This now leaves me with a couple of choices. I bought my BT3100 about 6 months ago and it has been used lightly and is in as New Condition, so, I can either sell it whole or part it out. Parting it out seems such a waste as it is by all reason a new saw , and are now impossible to get. But unless I can sell the whole saw to someone who can pick it up, I think that is all I can do.

What do you all think, should I list in classified for $225.00 as whole saw for pickup (NC) and also list on Craigs List. Or just break it down and sell the parts.

JW
    Credidi me felem vidisse!
  • gsmittle
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2004
    • St. Louis, MO, USA.
    • BT 3100

Originally posted by ke4rdb
    What do you all think, should I list in classified for $225.00 as whole saw for pickup (NC) and also list on Craigs List. Or just break it down and sell the parts.

JW
    I think you should ship the saw to me and I'll keep it for you in my nice, cozy shop next to my own 3100.

I think I'd try to sell the whole saw and if I didn't get any takers in a couple of weeks, then part it out. Judging by the listings for BT parts, you'll make more by parting it out. OTOH, it would be nice to give the whole saw a good home.

It's a nice problem to have!

g.
    Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
    Bill & Ted

Comment

• crokett
      The Full Monte
      • Jan 2003
      • Mebane, NC, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3000

Where do you live in NC? I know someone who might be interested.
      David

The chief cause of failure in this life is giving up what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• ke4rdb
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2006
        • Mooresville, NC
        • Ridgid TS3650

Mooresville

Comment

• gmack5
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Darn! just a bit too far!

I just checked Yahoo's Driving Directions and you're "only" 892 miles away. SHUX!
          Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
          Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
          George

Comment

• Ken Massingale
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Liberty, SC, USA.
            • Ridgid TS3650

Whatever you decide, JW, congrats on the 3650.
            k

Comment

• LinuxRandal
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2005
              • Independence, MO, USA.
              • bt3100

While I am wishing I am closer, you never said if you are getting rid of it, due to a room issue, or wether you just think you don't need two saws. If you have room, you might also consider using it as a dedicated, dado machine. Not to confuse you with options or anything.
              She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• ke4rdb
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2006
                • Mooresville, NC
                • Ridgid TS3650

Its really a combination of the two. I really don't need two saws and even thou my shop is 30'x30' feet things get tight fast.

In a lot of ways I would like to keep the BT3100 but the LOL thinks it should go (she also says the $$$ then could be put into a better/bigger bandsaw, so all's not bad). So, I quess the BT will go, but a new 14" Bandsaw will take its place. Hey you can't leave an empty spot on the shop floor now can you. Now just need to sell the BT to a loving new home.

James

Comment

Working...