• Show
Clear All
  • movnup
    Established Member
    • Aug 2006
    • Seattle
    • BT3000

ZCTP Search

I am looking to purchase some zero clearance plates (not manufacture my own). I looked all over on the web (ryobi / sears) and the t-nuts site which shows they sell them but no luck. Any ideas ??????

Thanks,
    Jim Z.
  • LYU370
    Established Member
    • Mar 2005
    • Streamwood, IL.

Not sure. I got mine at T-nuts.com, checked over there and sure enough, they're not listed. Anyone know what's up?
    Andy

Comment

• eweu
      Forum Newbie
      • Aug 2006
      • Silicon Valley, CA

"22811" is the magic search term on sears.com. Here's the ZCTP:

It's $15 for two. They show up in the classifieds forum from time to time too.

Comment

• JoeyGee
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2005
        • Sylvania, OH, USA.
        • BT3100-1

I have some ZCTP sets. I have them posted in the classified section. $10+shipping for a set of 2.
        Joe

Comment

• movnup
          Established Member
          • Aug 2006
          • Seattle
          • BT3000

The sears picture has a four hole set up vs. the three on the saw. Do you have to tap them out to a four screw set up as other people described when making there own ??? I wanted the easy path to screw it down and cut cut cut away...

Comment

• LinuxRandal
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2005
            • Independence, MO, USA.
            • bt3100

Originally posted by LYU370
            Not sure. I got mine at T-nuts.com, checked over there and sure enough, they're not listed. Anyone know what's up?
            Jeff anounced that t-nuts was for sale. He didn't really have time to devote to it anymore. So I am sure it is just an out of stock thing.
            She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Lowell
              • Jul 2003
              • Chula Vista, CA, USA.
              • Ryobi 10” Precision Woodcutting System, Model BT3100

The BT3100 has four threaded holes; the BT3000 has two threaded and two smooth-bore holes. The Ryobi ZCTP package (part no. 4070333) includes a one-inch long thread-cutting screw to tap the two smooth-bore holes on a BT3000, along with four flat-head screws to secure a ZTCP.

Cheers,

Lowell

Comment

• movnup
                Established Member
                • Aug 2006
                • Seattle
                • BT3000

Thanks everyone ... I did a search and found OEM on e-bay. Hopefully they have the thread cutting screw that Lowell was describing. I also sent a PM to Joey ...

Comment

• gmack5
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Quapaw, Oklahoma, USA.
                  • Ryobi BT3000SX & BT3100

Originally posted by movnup
                  Thanks everyone ... I did a search and found OEM on e-bay. Hopefully they have the thread cutting screw that Lowell was describing. I also sent a PM to Joey ...

The Screw that's included with the ZCTPs is a "Thread Forming Screw", not a Thread Cutting Screw.

The difference is that the Thread Forming Screw does NOT make chips like a Thread Cutting Screw does. The Screw is Tri-lobular, with an #8-24 x 1" thread form that EXTRUDES material to form the threads.

You could cut your own threads if necessary, using a regular Thread Cutting Tap, but it would make shavings that you would have to clean up to protect the guts of your Saw.
                  Last edited by gmack5; 11-01-2006, 01:19 PM.
                  Stop thinking why you can't and Start thinking how you CAN!
                  Remember, SUCCESS comes in CANS!
                  George

Comment

• JimD
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2003
                    • Lexington, SC.

A set of taps from Harbor Freight are nice to have anyway and will take care of this in a few minutes. I thought the threads on my BT3100 were partially formed - the hole did not seem smooth but it did not readily take a screw either. A quick run through with a tap and everything was fine. You can also get individual taps of higher quality at Lowes or Home Depot.

Jim

Comment

• Stytooner
                      Roll Tide RIP Lee
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                      • BT3100

Aren't they 10-24 thread, George? I think thats the right size.
                      Lee

Comment

Working...