X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stray_shot
    Forum Newbie
    • Sep 2006

Craftsman Bt Clone No longer listed at Sears

I got an email about a sale they were having, so I went browsing. 21829 is no longer listed on the website. I giess it is completely discontinued, and not just at HD. I hope it's not too hard to get parts like belts in the future since they do not appear to be putting a newer similar model out.
  • sbs
    Established Member
    • Mar 2005
    • VA
    • BT3.1k

Originally posted by Stray_shot
    I got an email about a sale they were having, so I went browsing. 21829 is no longer listed on the website. I giess it is completely discontinued, and not just at HD. I hope it's not too hard to get parts like belts in the future since they do not appear to be putting a newer similar model out.
    Historically, you can get parts for Sears products for decades after they are discontinued.

However, ever since they were bought by KMart a couple years ago I've been expecting this sort of good service to end. They already killed Lands' End customer service. Craftsman/Kenmore can't be far behind...

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

Only Speculation

Few things that I am watching out for, dealing with the BT series table saws.
      1 Another tool group buying out Ryobi, thereby dropping this model.
      2 The FTC issuing a recall on the on/off switch (seen discussed here and elsewhere), that superceeds the old recall.
      3 Other saws disappearing off the face of the earth, and seeing new ones come out with a sawstop type safety feature.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• Knottscott
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • Rochester, NY.
        • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Dunno if the same thing is going on now with the 21829, but a few months ago when I bought my 22400 12" BS from Sears, that model disappeared from the website for a while. It may have been because they were temporarily sold out, or they may have been changing the sale price on the site, but was back on the site later on. Seems to me they were just ramping up the sales of the 21829.
        Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Andrew Benedetto
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • SoCal, USA
          • Unisaw w. 52"Bies,22124CM & BT3K

Originally posted by Stray_shot

????????????????????
          Andrew

Comment

• Stray_shot
            Forum Newbie
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Andrew Benedetto
            I swear it wasn't there last night, and with the disappearance of the Bt, Iassumed the wprst for the Craftsman model...

Comment

• SARGE..g-47

Click on tools.. then on Table Saws.. It's not there and it wasn't last nite when I had a glance late!

Regards...

Comment

• broschultz
                Forum Newbie
                • Oct 2006

If you go back to oneof the older links and click it the saw comes up at $428. That is an update from the last time I clicked that link.

Comment

• cwsmith
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                  • BT3100-1

I think it is a simple matter of the Web staff not having it's act together. I agree, that if you click on "Table Saws", they don't show the BT Clone as a choice. I went through this a couple of weeks ago and remember that you had to go through some convoluted way to find the "BT".

Hopefully this is not a sign of any "ending" for this model, but we all know such decisions defy logic sometimes.

CWS
                  Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• kevincan
                    Established Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • Central Illinois
                    • Craftsman 21829

It now shows up on Sears web site under table saws. I looked last night also and it was not listed. I keep looking when they have a sale because I just got one and always check to see if it is cheaper than I paid. I have already been back 2 times to get the lower price.

I tried to buy the saw online because they had a rebate on the shipping cost ($60). Sears canceled my order on it. I had to call them and ask why - they told me they were out of stock and that none of the stores near me had any. I called the local store and they had 2 in stock. The person in the tool department went in back to check on stock while I was on the phone with him and took my order so I could just pick it up.

BTW - They lowest price I have seen on it is $399.

Comment

• dkerfoot
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2004
                      • Holland, Michigan
                      • Craftsman 21829

For no reason other than to brag I need to say that I was able to get it at a 20% discount which brought it down to $359. I did pay another $24 to bring the one year warranty up to 3 years.

I really love this saw! Right now I am installing engineered bamboo flooring that comes in 6' long and 7 1/2" wide boards. The sliding table has been wonderful for cross cutting these long pieces!
                      Doug Kerfoot
                      "Sacrificial fence? Aren't they all?"

Smaller, Smarter Hardware Keyloggers
                      "BT310" coupon code = 10% for forum members
                      KeyLlama.com

Comment

• FNILLES
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Oct 2006
                        • Chicago suburb
                        • Craftsman 21829

Sears 21829

I just bought a Craftsman 21829 last week and I got it for the $399 price,
                        It did drop out of their website for a day or so, but as of this am it is back.

I had an early BT3000...must have been about 15 years ago...I felt for it's size and weight it did a great job. Did some nice work with it...this Sears version seems to have a few newer improvements and features...we'll see how it goes.

Fred
                        Fred

Comment

• prlundberg
                          Established Member
                          • May 2006
                          • Minnesota
                          • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by kevincan
                          - they told me they were out of stock and that none of the stores near me had any.
                          I had to wait over 6 weeks before I finally recieved mine last month. With that long of a wait, I gotta think think they are popular and still in production.

It would be a shame it they stopped making it, as we all know there isn't anything else quite like it. Now that the BT3100 is dead Sears should be able to sell enough of them to keep it profitable. But that's just speculation.

Phil
                          Phil

Comment

Working...