X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hoyden
    Established Member
    • Jan 2005
    • Twin Falls, ID, USA.

This site has promoted the BT3 and been the reason most of us bought the saw.

Just a thought, could this have to do with K-MART selling Craftsman.

Maybe TTI Ryobi wants to move their product to this channel rater than Home Depot. Leaves a higher end product at Home Depot and still has a large presence in the DIY market.

I know that my HD did not promote this saw. If you wanted one you almost had to take it away from them.

Tool reviews almost always panned the saw as to light, too small, etc., not a DIY saw not a contractor saw. One site say’s no decent saw can be purchased for under $300.00.

This type of article did not help in any decision to keep this saw in USA.

Craftsman has the name and backing to move the clone, whether at Sears or K-MART.
    PawPaw

Comment

• pdimond

Originally posted by RodKirby
      How much did you pay? I missed seeing it!
      I bought mine in Sydney a couple of months ago - I'm in Melbourne on business right now. I didn't take note of the price at the show (had a play with the Ryobi thicknesser though), but the price in Sydney was about $975. It comes packaged with all the options here - mitre slot table, SMT clamp, ZCTPs, wheels for the stand, the works.

I spoke with Ryobi Australia at the time. Maybe there is an issue in the USA with the Ryobi agent and they're simply not being sold in the USA right now? I also noticed that a UK magazine reviewed it very recently (can't remember which one or when, I just noticed it while browsing the newstand one day).

Phil

Comment

• pdimond

Originally posted by LinuxRandal
        What color is it?

A bit ago, someone had one that had a problem and Ryobi sent him a blue one. It was supposably the "new" model, though never seen it since.

Found the topic, " Review of the Craftsman 27413 ". It was marked as a Ryobi, but sold in a Craftsman box, without the rolling stand,
        Blue. Matches the standard descriptions I've read here of the latest version. Same internally ( had to replace my first belt set a couple of weeks ago .. making a 45 degree ZCTP of course...)

Comment

• JR
          The Full Monte
          • Feb 2004
          • Eugene, OR
          • BT3000

Originally posted by pdimond
          Blue. Matches the standard descriptions I've read here of the latest version.
          So, there's a chance a new all-singing all-dancing Ryobi BT3K clone will materialize?! A blue one, sold in North America, Australia, and the UK (if pdimond's clues pan out), perhaps other markets.

I don't know the current exchange rate, but I'd guess the $450 US price for the Sears clone would set the mark for US sales.

Very interesting...
          JR
          JR

Comment

• RodKirby
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
            • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Originally posted by pdimond
            I bought mine in Sydney a couple of months ago - I'm in Melbourne on business right now. I didn't take note of the price at the show (had a play with the Ryobi thicknesser though), but the price in Sydney was about $975. It comes packaged with all the options here - mitre slot table, SMT clamp, ZCTPs, wheels for the stand, the works.

I spoke with Ryobi Australia at the time. Maybe there is an issue in the USA with the Ryobi agent and they're simply not being sold in the USA right now? I also noticed that a UK magazine reviewed it very recently (can't remember which one or when, I just noticed it while browsing the newstand one day).

Phil
            The reason I jumped to the Darkside was that for A$975+ I could get a WHOLE lot more TS for the same price. I can't see how it can sell in Oz at that price - all the buyer has to do is have a cursory look at what else is available.
            Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

• broschultz
              Forum Newbie
              • Oct 2006

ryobi austrailia

If you google "ryobi austrailia" you will get their web page and under bench tools find the bt3100K. Checking the ryobi company, it seems North America has a different licensee than other parts of the world which means marketing decisions are being made by different companies in different parts of the world depending on who has the licensing rights to the Ryobi trandemark

Comment

Working...