• Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Need wide table support ideas

Has anyone come up with any ways to add additional support to the rails to support the weight of a router table? My rails remain straight but I'm challenging the BT3K's table top to support everything.

I would prefer something that doesn't sit on the floor. Something to the stand would be preferred. And something that is adjustable, in case I move things around.

I haven't found anything here. But maybe someone knows of someone else's clever solution so I don't have to figure out something myself.

Suggestions?

This thread gives you an idea of my current config:
    This is the place to ask questions about the Ryobi BT3 series table saws. Please limit the posts to this topic only.
  • Tom Miller
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Before I made my new mobile stand, I had a cantilevered support for my wide table. I wanted to be able to move the saw around on its two casters, while providing some support for the rails. The cantilever supports were attached to the bottom of the stock saw stand (BT3000), near the casters on the right. They came up at an angle to support the wide table about 30" out.

This isn't the best picture to show the details, but you get the idea:

Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	779739

The cantilevered supports are 2x4's (obscured by a bunch of jigs, etc.)

Since my table was pretty wide, I had a flip-down support on the outboard side to keep the thing from tipping. If your table isn't too wide, you shouldn't need that.

Regards,
    Tom
    Last edited by Tom Miller; 10-09-2006, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• cgallery
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2004
      • Milwaukee, WI
      • BT3K

Thanks Tom. How did you attach the 2x4's to the stand and table? My concern is that if they are too short they don't really provide any support, and if they are too long they push the table too high.

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

My stand has supports underneith the rails that they are clamped to - it is in the articles section as "Spruce and Sandeply". This also lets the rails slide (including the extension rails). One end of my rails is cantilevered as are the wooden L-shaped supports under them. This is the end that I occasionally use as the router table (now that I have a sparate router table I only use this capability occasionally).

Jim

Comment

Working...