• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidtu
    • Apr 2006
    • Seattle, WA
    • BT3100

What should I do with all these saws??

I am going away for a few months and when I get back I want to have plans for what to do with the following saws ... thought you guys would have good suggestions. (Be kind!)

BT3100
    BT3000 + Extra Full Rails
    10" Sears RAS

I've been thinking of setting up one BT3 as a rip saw, one for Dados and keeping the RAS free for cross cuts. Or should I reverse those two? Better ideas?

Should I build a cabinet? A foldout table? Split the rails between both BT3s? Make one superwide? What are the best Frankensaw ideas?

I expect full plans upon my return.

(and no, packing them up and shipping to you is not an option!)
    Never met a bargain I didn't like.
  • Ken Massingale
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Liberty, SC, USA.
    • Ridgid TS3650

Don't know about the saws, David. But take care while you're gone and enjoy.
    ken

Comment

• ssmith1627
      • Dec 2005
      • Corryton, TN, USA.
      • Ryobi BT3100

It's one of those things -- if you have too many saws, you don't get any more kind advice ! hahaha

All kidding aside, I'm too new here to give a very valid opinion. But I do love the idea of hooking two BT's together on the same set of rails, one for dado blades and the other for the regular blade. It seems like every time I get the dado blades set up, I need to make some type of regular cut and will have to reverse everything just for that.

Let us know what you decide !

Steve

Comment

• mschrank
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2004
        • Hood River, OR, USA.
        • BT3000

Originally posted by davidtu

(and no, packing them up and shipping to you is not an option!)
        I don't want your saws...I just want the kind of room in my shop that you must have!
        Mike

Drywall screws are not wood screws

Comment

• mac_daddy
          Forum Newbie
          • May 2006
          • Sugar Land, TX
          • BT3000

Originally posted by mschrank
          I don't want your saws...I just want the kind of room in my shop that you must have!
          NO KIDDING. I just posted a comment on magazine articles talking about building the perfect workbench and table saw cabinet. Where the heck are the articles of utilizing space that also shares your wife's SUV? That kind of article could also be part of marriage counseling material as well.

Comment

Working...