• Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

Lubricating BT3K?

The manual (p. 35) says three places: (1) Between handle shaft and bore of clamping bolt. (2) Between face of clamping bold and face of handle shaft. (3) Inner surfaces of bevel locking level which contacts the cam.

Don't you want to lubricate the threaded hole that rides the elevating shaft?
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

First, to answer my own question: Yes, you want to lubricate the elevator shaft. I guess it pays to read more carefully.

NEXT QUESTION: Disassembling the tilt/elevating mechanism. The screw comes out of the blade-adjusting handle. Blade adjusting handle comes off, and the spring comes with it. The cam just pops off.

It looks like there is a set screw holding the bevel locking lever/cam surface on? I loosen set screw to remove that, right?

Finally, with the bevel locking lever off, will the clamping bolt slide off the handle shaft? Or is there another screw I have to remove? I ask because when I was under the saw I noticed another set screw that looks like it might be a major PITA to reach.

I guess my question is, can I remove/lubricate all these parts from the front of the saw?

Here is a link to the manual. I'm looking at fig. 58 on page 35.

TIA,
    Phil

Comment

Working...