• Show
Clear All
  • ndj
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006
    • Lexington, KY
    • BT3K

Sears Parts Centers

Has anyone had any luck finding parts or accessories for their BT3K at their local Sears parts centers? If so, are there any deals to be found from time to time (i.e. extra parts that have been marked down, unclaimed special orders, etc.)? I know that they have an online outlet where sometimes this stuff can be found.

I just thought I'd check with this board before wasting my time if that is the case. I've never shopped Sears that much so I'm not too familiar with their operations as far as their parts centers and the like. My assumption has always been that they're primary function is for appliance parts availabilty.

Any comments?
  • WayneJ
    • Jan 2004
    • Elmwood Park, New Jersey, USA.

I bought parts for my craftsman contractors saw from the parts depot.I wanted a dado throutplate and a piece for the miter fence. The saw is made by ryobi but not a BT3.They were no problem and were direct shipped to my house. About 3 years ago I got a recon pressure washer that i've had no problems with. As long as you have the mod # and the ser# they look it up on the micro fitch and have it shipped.I am within 5 mi of there parts place so its easay for me. HTH
    Wayne
    Wayne J

Comment

• dlminehart
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2003
      • San Jose, CA, USA.

I ordered a dishwasher part through the Sears Parts Store recently. (They had no listed phone number, so you had to go down in person.) I had the part name and number for them, and it took them only a couple minutes to place the order. The shipping for this object (whose box was roughly the size of a grapefruit and weight about like a tennis ball) came to about $8.50. They said I'd get it within about a week. It finally came after 17 days . . . which was 14 days after I'd gotten a different part from www.repairclinic.com, ordered the same day! Online shipping cost was about $5 extra, but worth the 2 weeks of improved speed.
      - David

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” -- Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Tamarack
        Established Member
        • Oct 2003
        • Speedwell, TN USA
        • BT3100

I've had good luck ordering parts for my bandsaw from their website, good service, got the right parts, and didn't have to teach some newby clerk how to read the parts list!

Paul in Idaho

Comment

• ndj
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2006
          • Lexington, KY
          • BT3K

Yeah, I've ordered some parts throught their website too and have been happy with their speed of shipping. I've just never dealt with their local parts center.

Sounds like its not a place to walk in and find a deal on unclaimed parts, etc. but rather a place to get great assistance for finding parts. Which is probably an efficient business model for Sears but not a bargain spot for us.

Comment

Working...