How do I mount router to BT3000 acc. table?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hey Blue

How do I mount router to BT3000 acc. table?

I recently picked up a craftsman fixed base router, (model # 315 . 175100, 1 1/2 hp) REALLY cheap at one of their parts and repair centers.
    What is the best way to mount it to the underside of my BT3000 accessory table? Would I be better off building a dedicated router table?
  • monte
    Forum Windbag
    • Dec 2002
    • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
    • GI 50-185M

The dedicated router table is always best IMHO. The best way to mount the router to your accessory table is with a router mounting plate that comes with the router mounting kit. You can also make your own plate as many of the members here have done.
    Monte (another darksider)
    Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• Hey Blue

Thanks, Monte. I was leaning toward the dedicated table. Do you have a favorite plan?

Comment

• monte
        Forum Windbag
        • Dec 2002
        • Paw Paw, MI, USA.
        • GI 50-185M

Originally posted by Hey Blue
        Thanks, Monte. I was leaning toward the dedicated table. Do you have a favorite plan?
        No plans at all. I saw the one that Norm built on NYW and kind of just winged it. It works very well. If you have a DC make sure to add provisions for it to connect to the router table. HTH
        Monte (another darksider)
        Reporting Live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

http://community.webshots.com/user/monte49002

Comment

• jdschulteis
          Established Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Muskego, Wisconsin, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3100

The usual advice is if you have the space, go with a dedicated router table.

That said, if you don't have the space, or the time to build or money to buy a dedicated table, you can do all right mounting a router to the accessory table.
          Jerry

Comment

Working...