• Show
Clear All
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

Pics of Mobile BT's WANTED...please

OK, I have been collecting extra parts, and lumber long enough. I was going to start building my BT3 mobile base this weekend but I have one small problem. On Tuesday evening I met my wife for dinner after work and while parked in the parking garage at the mall my car was broken into. Other than the window being broken and a few CD's missing the thief also took my back pack and in it was my USB flash drive that I had been accumulating pictures of all of the different ideas that people had posted for mobile bases. I don't care about the cd's but I really am missing my USB flash drive. So what I am asking is if people would mind posting pictures of their mobile BT's so I can start again and build mine soon?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by gad5264; 02-16-2006, 07:49 PM.
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264
  • Tom Miller
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2003
    • Twin Cities, MN
    • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Well, that sucks. But, I'm sure folks will pitch in and post more pics than you had in the first place.

I'm in the process of making a mobile base myself; just glued the inner partitions last night, and ready to install drawer hardware in the carcase before the top goes on.

I've attached the current plan -- not seeing how to easily show inline.

At present I'm just making the lower 23"high x 4'6"wide part. I'm spitballing some ideas for the router compartment, and possible a removeable section of the wide table kit.

Regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files

Comment

• greencat
      Established Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Grand Haven Mi

Tom
      Is that a torsion box bottom? I'm in the planning stages and just trying to gather ideas.

Did you put the router in the center to take advantage of the wide table?

Thanks
      Thanks again,
      Mike

Comment

• JimD
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2003
        • Lexington, SC.

Spruce and Sandeply

It is unfortunate that Sam does not have the Articles up at the moment. My base option is in there. I will attempt to attach a few pictures so you can see what I did.

The base is an outer rim of a clear 2x4 (Spruce) and inner webs of 3/4 waferboard in a torsion box arrangement. The inner webs are dadoed into the outer 2x4. The bottom is 7/16 waferboard and the top of the torsion box is the bottom member of the box for the BT3100. It is made of 3/4 Sandeply from BORG. Most of the structure is 3/4 plywood except for the back that is 1/4. The main unique features of mine are the use of a mobile base from HF attached to the 2x4 of the torsion box and the use of flat stock a couple of feet long spanning the junction of the rails that has holes tapped into it for knobs which clamp the rails to the base. You can slide the rails and you can slide the extension table on the rails. Makes it strong and also versatile.

Anyway, I will try again on the pictures (first time they were too big).

I tried to pick a range of pictures from the open view of the torsion box to the underside of the accessory table showing the router attachment.

Good Luck

Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

• Tom Miller
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2003
          • Twin Cities, MN
          • BT3000 - Cuttin' it old school

Originally posted by greencat
          Tom
          Is that a torsion box bottom? I'm in the planning stages and just trying to gather ideas.

Did you put the router in the center to take advantage of the wide table?

Thanks
          Yeah, it's a TB bottom. 2" wide beams, and 3/4" skins for top and bottom.

I have the router in the middle because the right end of the wide table butts up to a wall.

Regards,
          Tom

Comment

• RodKirby
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2002
            • Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
            • Mao Shan TSC-10RAS

Not BT3x, but...

"identical" to my "old" BT3000 base....

Last edited by RodKirby; 12-06-2008, 11:28 PM.
            Downunder ... 1" = 25.4mm

Comment

Working...