Rockwell Jawhorse on clearance at some Lowess for $80 (50% off) - lower with coupon

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tohellwithuga
    Established Member
    • Jan 2007
    • GA

Rockwell Jawhorse on clearance at some Lowess for $80 (50% off) - lower with coupon

Credit to SD, I just ordered the Rockwell Jawhorse for $70 (on clearance for $79.50, minus $10 off $50 coupon that can be found online, I don't think I can link to it here). It was full price ($159) at my closest store, but was on clearance at another one not too far away.

Don't think it's ever been this low before. Was too expensive at full price, but at 50% off (or more), it's much better. Good luck!

Edit: That would be 'Lowes', not 'Lowess' - can't edit the title I guess?
    Last edited by tohellwithuga; 03-19-2014, 10:56 AM.
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Well I'm off to pick up two of them. I got one of the other brands of this item, and I've found it incredibly helpful. I always wanted the real thing (mine keeps slipping if I crank down on it too tightly).

Definitely a good deal.

I will say this though, I hate Lowes. They're prices are different one store to another, and their corporate policy is not to price match other stores- even if they're in the same area. Well, they can, but it's at the manager's discretion. What really annoys me is that this just leads to customer confusion and frustration. So, instead of taking a minor hit (because it is below cost at $80) and getting a customer's loyalty, they do nothing and tick a customer off. That's just bad business.

I'd say they're acting more like a franchisee, but even Woodcraft will match the website's prices, because that's what good business' do.

Comment

• tohellwithuga
      Established Member
      • Jan 2007
      • GA

Yeah, I still haven't picked mine up because both of my closest stores are regular price, so I had to order from store #3. Annoying.

Just curious, how do you plan to use 2? Or, is it just to have an extra (or since it's a good deal)?

Comment

• woodturner
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2008
        • Western Pennsylvania
        • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by BigguyZ
        They're prices are different one store to another, and their corporate policy is not to price match other stores- even if they're in the same area.
        Sadly, that is the norm at most stores - stores are separate cost centers and clearance reductions are at the manager's discretion. Pretty much all the box stores, as well as Woodcraft, do it that way.

At least at Lowes you can find the clearance prices online and check the various stores. Then you can order online and get the $10/10% discount as well as typically 10% rebate from a discount site - so the net 20% discount makes it worthwhile to order online for in-store pickup.
        --------------------------------------------------
        Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• woodturner
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2008
          • Western Pennsylvania

Originally posted by tohellwithuga
          Yeah, I still haven't picked mine up because both of my closest stores are regular price, so I had to order from store #3.
          If the other stores are in the same Lowes region (two nearby stores can be in different regions) and one has clearance pricing and one does not, that usually means the regular priced store is OOS - the clearance price reverts to full price when the stock is depleted.

Comment

• MBG
            • Apr 2003
            • Chicago, Illinois.
            • Craftsman 21829

Are these good for the homeowner or just contractors?

Thanks

Comment

• BigguyZ
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • Minneapolis, MN
              • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Home Depot, Rockler, and Woodcraft have always matched prices with their website, or other stores within their franchise when I've asked.

But back on to the Jawhorse, I'd say it's useful for everyone. It's especially handy with holding items while cutting or working on them. I'm not sure how/ if I'll use two, but I figured I can always sell one if need-be. But I'm definitely glad I have one.

Comment

• woodturner
                Veteran Member
                • Jun 2008
                • Western Pennsylvania

Originally posted by BigguyZ
                Home Depot, Rockler, and Woodcraft have always matched prices with their website, or other stores within their franchise when I've asked.
                Glad that has worked for you, but like Lowes, it is at the manager's discretion. HD rarely matches web pricing, they have a policy against it.

Comment

• tohellwithuga
                  Established Member
                  • Jan 2007
                  • GA

Originally posted by woodturner
                  Glad that has worked for you, but like Lowes, it is at the manager's discretion. HD rarely matches web pricing, they have a policy against it.
                  Yeah, I like to save my battles with my local Lowes manager(s). I have a good relationship with my local store, but I don't like to push it. I would rather drive a little for an easy clearance price than try to 'call in a favor' on a price match usually.

I did finally pick up my order today. I thought about ordering a second one, but couldn't justify it. Looking forward to trying it out soon.

Comment

• MBG
                    • Apr 2003
                    • Chicago, Illinois.
                    • Craftsman 21829

I ended up picking one up. Same deal here, the store 5 min. from my house had it for full price so had to drive 10 mi. to get one. Funny - the price banner read $179 but they came up $79.

I have a track saw system with a top to hold ply so was hesitant to buy this but looks like it is very portable and flexible. (Yesterday they did have the plywood kit for $29 & free shipping on eBay for the Rockwell store but I was a couple hours late.)

Mike

Comment

• SHADOWFOX
                      Veteran Member
                      • May 2005
                      • IL, USA.
                      • DELTA 36-675

Hi Mike, what store did you get it from? And, Do they still have some left? The store nearby me (Lake in the Hills, IL) had it for full price.
                      Chris

"The first key to wisdom is constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question and by questioning we arrive at the truth." -Pierre Abelard 11th Century philosopher.

Comment

• woodturner
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • Western Pennsylvania

Originally posted by SHADOWFOX
                        Hi Mike, what store did you get it from? And, Do they still have some left? The store nearby me (Lake in the Hills, IL) had it for full price.
                        You should be able to check the pricing online by changing "your store" - it will update the price and stock when you change stores.

Comment

Working...