• Show
Clear All
  • jenielsen
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2004
    • West Michigan
    • BT31000

Bosch GCM12SD Miter Saw @ HD for $639.20

For those of you in the know, this is a very nice saw, and even at $799 there are a lot of people who have bought it and love it. I have never seen it for 20% off.

It can be had at HomeDepot.com for $639.20 as quite a few Bosch tools are on sale at HD right now for 20% off (in and out on availability). If you call your local Lowes, they will pricematch + another 10%, bringing the price to $575.28 + tax. My local Lowes did pricematch, and I'm going tomorrow to go pay for it. Good luck.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-12-...eyword=gcm12sd
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

I have liked the idea behind that saw ever since first reading about it. Not having the long rails sure would be nice. I like my thirteen year old 12" Makita, but I would trade it in a minute for the Bosch for the space saving cutting.

Very good price.
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• jenielsen
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2004
      • West Michigan
      • BT31000

I ended up getting this deal from Lowes, but it got even better. The day before I went to pay for this at Lowes, I received one of those "Save 10% off" plastic cards in the mail. I took it in when I went to pay for it, and I ended up getting the saw for $518. That additional savings just about paid for the laserkerf that I bought to add to the saw. Pretty happy with it so far, and it makes a heckuva difference over my other 10 yr old miter saw.

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

Use it for a few days or weeks and give us a report on it. Man, am I jealous of the real estate that it saves, since I have a limited shop size.
        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

That saw looks very nice. I have been happy with the tools I've purchased from Bosch. The mechanism looks neat. I have only started to look a little at a sliding miter saw. My old shop, which I am losing due to a move, had a radial arm and a Hitachi 12 inch double bevel CMS. The new shop will have less room so I'm thinking of replacing both with a sliding miter. One of the things I do with the radial is to cut tenons in large pieces. This SCMS will do the tenons:

http://bigskytool.com/Hitachi_C12RSH...FWxp7Aod5S8Aeg

It also doesn't require rear clearance and is cheaper than even your "deal" price. The above link is a recon, a new one is ~$425. Did you consider this Hitachi and, if so, why is the Bosch better. I'm not picking on your choice, just trying to plan mine.

Jim

Comment

• lombard
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2004
            • Merritt Island, FL

Originally posted by jenielsen
            I ended up getting this deal from Lowes, but it got even better. The day before I went to pay for this at Lowes, I received one of those "Save 10% off" plastic cards in the mail. I took it in when I went to pay for it, and I ended up getting the saw for $518. That additional savings just about paid for the laserkerf that I bought to add to the saw. Pretty happy with it so far, and it makes a heckuva difference over my other 10 yr old miter saw.
            If you could, I'd also appreciate a footprint measurement and height measurement. Wanna know if I can fit it in my work bench, both during use and storage.

I see that Amazon lists dimensions (I'm assuming for its box, and assuming it's accurate), but I don't know if they're LxWxH or what...

Comment

• BigguyZ
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2006
              • Minneapolis, MN
              • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

Man I wish I had the funds to have picked this up. That's one heck of a saw.

Comment

Working...