• Show
Clear All
  • cork58
    Established Member
    • Jan 2006
    • Wasilla, AK, USA.
    • BT3000

Lacquer sale

Went by my local Sherwin Williams store for some Alcohol to make shellac with and Ray the manager said he was glad I came in. Seems that corporate wants him to sell off all of his Sher-Wood lacquer. It is non yellowing but is not water based so they are dropping it. I ask him how much and he said how about $3.50 a gallon. I bought 2 gallons and enough quart cans to break it down.

Just thought I would pass along the unadvertised savings at Sherwin Williams.

Dan
    Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

How long does Lacquer keep? I don't have many projects on the horizon, but for $3.50 a gal I'd definitely buy one or two...

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Unopened in the can, lacquer keeps for some time. I couldn't give you an exact number, but well over a year in my experience. Good find. I am going to call my local store and see if he is clearancing it as well. Thanks!
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• BigguyZ
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I called two local places, and they both said that they haven't heard anything about clearancing out the lacquer. Once said he sells a ton of it, and the other said that any clearance would be store-specific.

Hopefully others have better luck, or maybe if we have a receipt we can get a price match?

Comment

Working...