• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Ryobi SS $27.03

Just returned from Home Depot and noticed while I was there that they have yellow ticketed the Ryobi 16" Scroll Saw at $27.03. The original price was $119.00 according to the ticket. Don't know if this is local but the yellow ticket was not handwritten but printed.
    Richard
  • leehljp
    Just me
    • Dec 2002
    • Tunica, MS
    • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by phrog
    Just returned from Home Depot and noticed while I was there that they have yellow ticketed the Ryobi 16" Scroll Saw at $27.03. The original price was $119.00 according to the ticket. Don't know if this is local but the yellow ticket was not handwritten but printed.
    I am going to HD today in Southaven, MS/ Memphis TN area. I will check this out for sure. GREAT PRICE!
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• phrog
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2005
      • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by leehljp
      I am going to HD today in Southaven, MS/ Memphis TN area. I will check this out for sure. GREAT PRICE!
      Good luck, Lee. I have this saw. It is not something that I use often but it works fine. The plus for this over the expensive Delta that I owned is that it uses both type blades - pinned and pinless. (Mine is one model older than the one they currently sell.)
      Richard

Comment

• leehljp
        Just me
        • Dec 2002
        • Tunica, MS
        • BT3000/3100

I checked at one HD and they didn't have one. While looking under one of the counters for different boxes pushed back under, a salesman asked what I was looking for. I told him about your post. He said that they didn't have the Ryobi SS, and also that your store probably had them in stock for about 6 months without a sale, so they decided to move them. This was not a nationwide sale.

The fellow said that they do the same on occasion for their non-selling stock. I asked him to let me know when they had tools like this and he just grinned at me!
        Hank Lee

Comment

• chopnhack
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2006
          • Florida
          • Ryobi BT3100

I checked at one HD and they didn't have one. While looking under one of the counters for different boxes pushed back under, a salesman asked what I was looking for. I told him about your post. He said that they didn't have the Ryobi SS, and also that your store probably had them in stock for about 6 months without a sale, so they decided to move them. This was not a nationwide sale.

The fellow said that they do the same on occasion for their non-selling stock. I asked him to let me know when they had tools like this and he just grinned at me!
          He probably grinned because the employees are notorious for buying them at closeout prices and then reselling them
          I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• phrog
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2005
            • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Sorry Lee. I didn't know for sure one way or the other.
            Richard

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by chopnhack
              He probably grinned because the employees are notorious for buying them at closeout prices and then reselling them
              At prices like that, I can't blame them.
              Richard

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by chopnhack
                Here is a post that I made a little over a year ago in Springfield MO near where my daughter lives. It concerns a Rockwell Hammer Drill that was on sale for $22.50.

Rockwell Hammer Drill post

I am visiting my daughter in Springfield, MO and went to the local Lowes on the south side yesterday. They had three, which were not on sale, although they had been for $120. When showed the post above, two male clerks (who were at a terminal) said, if this $20.25 price were correct in their system, those 3 would not have been out there as they (the two salesmen) would have taken them before any customer could get them. They looked the price up on one of the terminals and said that it was not on sale.

The way they acted and with what they said, it made me think that they would not have told me if it were on sale, and it also irritated me that Lowes (aor any company) has/ have workers who look for deals to buy and re-sale personally rather than letting the customer have it. If I were not in a hurry to pick up some things for my daughter who is in the moving process, I would have 1. checked later with another clerk or at the front desk, 2. asked to talk to a manager about the attitude of the two.
                Last edited by leehljp; 08-27-2013, 10:01 PM.
                Hank Lee

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Can't say I blame them at all.
                  I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• woodturner
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Western Pennsylvania
                    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Here is a post that I made a little over a year ago in Springfield MO near where my daughter lives. It concerns a Rockwell Hammer Drill that was on sale for $22.50.
                    FWIW, both HD and Lowes terminate employees for doing that - but they have to be caught, usually as a result of a customer complaint.

Lowes clearance prices are available for online orders for pickup in store. You can order online, verify stock, get the percentage discounts, and be assured of getting the item that way. It has worked well for me, and is how I got my Rockwell hammer drill.
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• toolman0701
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Nov 2006

At HD once the item has been on the sales floor and available for purchase for 24 hours the employee is free to buy it. If they are setting it aside or making sure it is not available for customer purchase then they can be terminated for that, but not for purchasing the sale item once the 24 hours have passed.

Comment

Working...