• Show
Clear All
  • wd4lc
    Established Member
    • Nov 2008
    • Houston, TX
    • Ryobi BT3100-1

Houstonians - Lowes - Oscillating Tool Kit & Mechanics Set

A couple of deals for my fellow Houstonians. Posting it here first.

Blue Hawk 40-Piece 2.5-Amp Oscillating Tool Kit Regular price is $99. Online price shows a sale price of $59.60. In-Store clearance price at the S.E. Houston (Gulfgate) location is $40.

Kobalt 131-Piece Standard (SAE)/Metric Mechanic's Tool Set with Case Regular Price is $99. Online price shows a sale price of $80.00. In-Store clearance price at the S.E. Houston (Gulfgate) location is $42.50.

There are about 3 to 5 oscillating tool sets. There were several (10 or more) of the mechanics sets. They are in front of the tool section sitting on a clearance table.

I did some online searching before posting and see that these have been discounted before but I don't see anything this low for each.
  • Pappy
    The Full Monte
    • Dec 2002
    • San Marcos, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 (x2)

I'll have to check the local store. That would be a good emergency kit to carry in the trike. Like one review said the only thing needed to be added would be a short extension and a plug socket. No metric wrenches, but on the Harley I don't need them.
    Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
    Fools because they have to say something.
    Plato

Comment

• woodturner
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Western Pennsylvania
      • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Pappy
      I'll have to check the local store. That would be a good emergency kit to carry in the trike.
      You can check stock at Lowes stores on the website - select "change store" under "store pickup" on the right and it will show the stock numbers in the stores. Different stores often have different clearance prices, and this item is or was $35.98 at some stores.

The issue may be that it has been on clearance since October 2012, so it may be difficult to find the better prices at stores that still have it in stock.

The deal sites list several similar kits at similar discount levels if you are not able to find this one.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

It was on the shelf at $99 in San Marcos. One of the larger kits was marked down but it is too heavy for my needs. Also the Torx bits don't go big enough to work on the Harley.

Before I do any serious travel, I will have to put together a custom tool kit.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

Working...