Clear All
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

R4512 price

seen yesterday in the port chester,ny HD
    Attached Files
    there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by toolguy1000
    How are your stores still in business?
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• catta12
      Established Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Reno, NV
      • BTS20R

Originally posted by CocheseUGA
      How are your stores still in business?
      +1 to that! Your stores are always blowing out inventory!
      If you can read this you assembled wrong.

Alan

Comment

• greenacres2
        • Dec 2011
        • La Porte, IN
        • Ryobi BT3000

Comes up at $529 on the web site for me. I bought its cousin (Craftsman 21833, 15 amp) early this year--nice saw. At $275, i'd be a buyer even as a second saw. Don't know where i'd put it, but that's a great price.
        earl

Comment

• woodturner
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2008
          • Western Pennsylvania
          • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by toolguy1000
          Thanks for the complete information! Did you get the last one - your store shows no stock, now.
          --------------------------------------------------
          Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• woodturner
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Western Pennsylvania
            • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by greenacres2
            Comes up at $529 on the web site for me.
            Don't trust the web pricing, it often is not updated with local clearance prices. For example, the store the OP referenced shows the $529 web price - but that could be because they have no stock, and it reverts to full price when stock is depleted.

I tried the New Rochelle store and some others in the area. They show stock, at the $529 price on the web, but could have lower clearance pricing in the store.

Word on the street is that HD is discontinuing store sales of larger tools in some stores - the New Rochelle store has been blowing out tools for a while, such as the $50 Ridgid table sander. However, even with a receipt showing the lower price, others were unable to get a price match even at other nearby stores, since it was a clearance item, so it's probably not worth trying that approach.

Best bet is to go to nearby stores or stores that seem to not sell a lot of stationary tools (indications are dusty displays, stock units with old date codes) and see if they are marked down. Keep in mind that HD will negotiate prices, too - talk to the tool manager, maybe he will make you a deal. 10% off is easy - they will give that to any customer on request, on anything. Up to 40% off is relatively easy, higher than that gets harder, since their cost on most items is around 60% of full retail.
            --------------------------------------------------
            Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• toolguy1000
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by woodturner
              ........ higher than that gets harder, since their cost on most items is around 60% of full retail.
              then i got really good deals back in the day when i purchased and sold about 10 of the 3650/60s for $99. as i noted in the original posting, that was the posted price in one store only. i am not in need of a TS as i presently have 2 emerson built 10" TSs that are all the saws i believe i will ever need.
              there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• cwsmith
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2005
                • NY Southern Tier, USA.
                • BT3100-1

I've noticed you occasionally have posted some fantastically-reduced prices from that particular store. I have to agree with the other poster who wondered how they stay in business and what makes that particular store manager reason such reductions.

I wish that they'd transfer him up here, as our local store won't reduce anyting, even after it has been clearanced by national. I've seen them ask top price for tools that have been replaced by newer models (which they won't put out until the old model is goine).

CWS
                Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• cabinetman
                  Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                  • Jun 2006
                  • So. Florida
                  • Delta

In this area, bargains are a store by store offering. But, there are so many stores in a relatively small radius. There are 7 within about 10 miles.

Comment

Working...