If you like these (8")...good price.

• Mr__Bill
    Veteran Member
    • May 2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • BT3000

Originally posted by cabinetman
    That's a good price.
    I have bought many Harbor Freight ones when on sale and with some dry lube on the screw they work just fine for me. Not sure how I would do many things without them. Every time I go in to HF I check to see if they are on sale. Now if Rockler was closer or at least on the way to somewhere I'd pick up a pair of these.
    Yes I always but clamps in pairs, LOML just accepts that that is how they come and I'm not going to upset that thought.

Bill
    on the left coast
    anyone want to buy a house on the southern Oregon coast? Ocean Views!

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

That's funny, last time Rockler had them at 50% off, i bought 3 (my first of that type) to experiment with. The 3 kept me in the same shipping cost bracket or got me free shipping--can't remember which. But i do remember agonizing over buying an odd number of clamps.

Maybe it's time to buy another one or three to equalize the universe....

earl

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

That's not a bad price. Last time I checked out Rocklers handscrews there were a decent quality.

I've got some from HF and Big Lots, but the quality of them isn't the best. Most are OK, but a few have warped and the hardware isn't the best. A little lube helps a lot. Take a look at the woodgrain and leave the ones without straight grain on the rack. They still aren't bad for the price.

I have a couple Craftsman 14" screws which are pretty nice quality. The best ones I have are some I got from Woodcraft a few years ago. The brass hardware and wood the best, but they don't carry them anymore.
        Erik

Comment

• fgarvin
          Forum Newbie
          • Oct 2009

V2310 for free shipping off $25
          So I bought 4 of these and this for a filler

Comment

Working...