X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

HD's DOD Ridgid Sawzall $40 shipped + tax

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/..._0_0_0&cj=true , but don't fall into that bigger and heavier trap or that LLSA trap, but if you need one for the money might be a better investment overall than say the HF one1 day only
  • annunaki
    • Jan 2008
    • White Springs, Florida
    • 21829, BT3100, 2-BT3000(15amp)

What is "LLSA trap" ?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fileodecahedron.gif

Comment

• greenacres2
      • Dec 2011
      • La Porte, IN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Lifetime Limited Service Agreement--Ridgid has a pretty good program, but it sounds like you really have to be able to document your purchase.

Tommy keeps no records--doesn't even have fingerprints--and somehow there is no scent to his bodily function!!

They were "out of stock" by the time i saw your post Tommy--which works 'cuz i'm out of money!!

earl

Comment

• tommyt654
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2008

Quiet Earl ,much more info and I'll have to hunt you down

Comment

• toolguy1000
          Veteran Member
          • Mar 2009
          • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by annunaki
          What is "LLSA trap" ?
          it's how users that refuse to follow the very simple tool registration rules refer to ridgid's lifetime service agreement:

This warranty information applies to RIDGID Brand Handheld Power Tools, select Stationary Power Tools and Pneumatic Tools purchased between Feb. 1 2004 – Present, from an authorized retailer.

once properly registered, any repair facility could check coverage with the ridgid system. sometimes, it took 6 ot 9 months for the LSA registration to be completed, but that period was covered by the 3 year new tool guaranty, so coverage never lapsed.

the weak link in the program was that service was rendered by independently owned repair facilities, so service was a function of how good or bad that business was. many tales of excellent, and really awful, service. now that HD's with tool rental departments are also administering ridgid's guaranty and LSA programs (they send the tool out for you), performance and access to the programs may become more uniform, regardless of where one is located.

FTR. i am an owner of many ridgid tools, as are members of my family. one son is a plumber and appreciates the program, as he's hard on his tools. all our experiences with ridgid have been first rate.
          Last edited by toolguy1000; 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM.
          there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• greenacres2
            • Dec 2011
            • La Porte, IN
            • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by tommyt654
            Quiet Earl ,much more info and I'll have to hunt you down
            Let me know when you're coming, i'll send my address. LOML will probably make us a nice dinner first too--and if she knows it's my last day maybe she'll not yell at me for eating all of the home-made croutons!!

earl

Comment

• tommyt654
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2008

Soooo, Your the crouton thief Mom always warned me about

Comment

• tommyt654
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2008

On the LLSA trap, my tools are not registered as I feel if a tool fails to function properly by design in 3 yrs or less it was junk in the 1st place and while going thru the alledged simple process of registering your tool and what some say are an apparent ease in finding repair shops,such is not the case for thousands of owners, guess thats why many prefer other brands as opposed to the Ridgid Powertool brand, another tawainese knockoff firm as far as their woodworking powertools go. Most all of the plumbing tools are made an manufactured by a totally different area that use's the Ridgid tool name as they were established in 1923 and still manufacture the plumbing tools which I have been told make excellent plumbing tools, however this is not a plumbing forum and in their time the company decided to branch into other markets with in the beginning having the tools manufactured here in the states by Emerson tools branded with the Ridgid name and now by who knows. They are not bad tools per se but the marketing ploy of the LSA/LLSA is just that a "marketing ploy", always has been always will be, many manufacturers have great warrantys other than Ridgid, fortunately I simply return any tools that fail to hold up as I test them out myself to see whether they will pass the test,Some have and those I keep, my R-4511,my spindle/belt sander seem to have footed the bill, can't say much for others Ridgid tools I have owned and they are gone and replaced with better brands of tool. You'll hear about free batterys for life, guess what, "whoop de do" batterys wear out and I'm not about to liege myself to 1 particular brand over a battery if the tool itself fails to meet the demands needed for its use

Comment

• duncsuss
                  Established Member
                  • Oct 2009

On the LLSA trap, my tools are not registered as I feel if a tool fails to function properly by design in 3 yrs or less it was junk in the 1st place
                  On the question of tools failing, maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. Parts can go bad not by design, and people can use a tool incorrectly (but swear they followed the instructions )

The fact is, the LLSA is dead simple to activate. Whether you can make use of it or not is a different question.

You shouldn't call failing to register a "trap" -- it's a self-inflicted wound.

Comment

• woodturner
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 2008
                    • Western Pennsylvania
                    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Most all of the plumbing tools are made an manufactured by a totally different area that use's the Ridgid tool name as they were established in 1923 and still manufacture the plumbing tools which I have been told make excellent plumbing tools, however this is not a plumbing forum and in their time the company decided to branch into other markets with in the beginning having the tools manufactured here in the states by Emerson tools branded with the Ridgid name and now by who knows.
                    FWIW, Ryobi, Ridgid, AEG and Milwaukee are all manufactured by TTI. Emerson used to make Ridgid plumbing tools a decade or so ago, as well as power tools such as Craftsman, Skil, and Bosch but sold off those businesses. There was a lawsuit around 2004 claiming that Emerson used Sears owned machinery to product tools for HD, and that was pretty much the end of Emerson's tool manufacturing.
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• tommyt654
                      Veteran Member
                      • Nov 2008

Your 1/2 right about that, Emerson still today manufactures the plumbing tools for Ridgid and to my knowledge never have been made by anyone else other than them , http://www.ridgid.com/ , That why they are such good plumbing tools as you can see their logo on the Ridgid to me indicates they are still doing it.

Comment

• cabinetman
                        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
                        • Jun 2006
                        • So. Florida
                        • Delta

Seems like the discussion turned into a plumbing tool issue, and who makes what. I hate plumbing. But, the reciprocating saw is a good deal for that money.

Comment

Working...