X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Rockwell Oscillating 73 pc. toolset $49 + free ship

Maybe regional, but after reading a writeup in the new Family Handyman mag, its one of the better kits according to them , http://www.lowes.com/pd_371432-54602...AID=1024232498
    Last edited by tommyt654; 01-13-2013, 01:43 PM.
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

If you want or need one of these I would hurry as last time they were offered at this price they sold out quickly. Variable speed and the accessories alone are prolly worth the price, better hurry, no promo codes available

Comment

• phrog
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2005
      • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

I've read that Rockwell is one of the better osc. tools. Great price too! However, I bought a HF cheapo a couple years ago and have used it a lot and it's still running so I guess I don't really need a replacement now. Was that a run-on sentence or what?
      Richard

Comment

• cabinetman
        Gone but not Forgotten RIP
        • Jun 2006
        • So. Florida
        • Delta

Originally posted by tommyt654
        If you want or need one of these I would hurry as last time they were offered at this price they sold out quickly. Variable speed and the accessories alone are prolly worth the price, better hurry, no promo codes available
        That is a good price for what you get. But, I'm like phrog...I have the HF tool and it's still going strong.

Comment

• cabinetman
          Gone but not Forgotten RIP
          • Jun 2006
          • So. Florida
          • Delta

Originally posted by phrog
          I've read that Rockwell is one of the better osc. tools. Great price too! However, I bought a HF cheapo a couple years ago and have used it a lot and it's still running so I guess I don't really need a replacement now. Was that a run-on sentence or what?
          My limited knowledge of sentence structure tells me after reading your sentence that you thought was a run-on sentence, that in all probability and I might be up for correction by those with greater language skills, that it sounds to me that it's within the parameters not constituting what we may refer to as a run-on sentence.

Comment

• Cochese
            Veteran Member
            • Jun 2010

Some of the Rockwell MF blades were on 50-75% clearance at my Lowe's when I looked Saturday. Hemisphere cutter, carbide rasp. Wasn't sure if they would fit mine, so I passed. Also, a couple of the tools specific to the Sonicrafter Universal Fit tool (shears, etc).
            I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• phrog
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2005
              • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by cabinetman
              My limited knowledge of sentence structure tells me after reading your sentence that you thought was a run-on sentence, that in all probability and I might be up for correction by those with greater language skills, that it sounds to me that it's within the parameters not constituting what we may refer to as a run-on sentence.

If I were a drinking man, I would say, "I'll drink to that," and then, while inebriated, try to figure out what in the world you were saying although I think you were saying that I did not err even though I initially thought that I had.
              Richard

Comment

• Charlie R
                Forum Newbie
                • Jun 2007

Ordered one. Thanks for your many timely bargain alerts Tommyt654. They are appreciated.

Comment

• tommyt654
                  Veteran Member
                  • Nov 2008

I also have the HF model,but I have a feeling it won't last forwever and this one comes with a few extra's ,that the only reason I posted for those who might be on the border about purchasing a tool like this. That being said this tool will not accept the newest version of their cutting heads as the changed the style, you'll need an adapter like those Bosch gave away a while back to use others, not a big deal but you need to know this. Thanks Chris for the HU on the extra's I'll check them out at my local Lowes

Comment

• chopnhack
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2006
                    • Florida
                    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by phrog
                    Was that a run-on sentence or what?
                    LOL
                    I do it all the time ;-) Some of us have a lot to say about one thought that often encompasses or hints at other thoughts making for extraordinary sentence length. Feel free to make them bite size at your leisure :-)
                    I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• skamath
                      Established Member
                      • Sep 2006
                      • san diego, ca
                      • BT3100, 22124

thanks for the post. i was finally able to order one (after multiple tries) but i am not too optimistic that it will ship.

Comment

• DeuceLee
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by skamath
                        thanks for the post. i was finally able to order one (after multiple tries) but i am not too optimistic that it will ship.
                        One???? to **** with that...I ordered 3! gonna be a good christmas next year

Comment

• phrog
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2005
                          • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by DeuceLee
                          One???? to **** with that...I ordered 3! gonna be a good christmas next year
                          I can understand 2 - one for each hand. But where does the third one go?
                          Richard

Comment

• DeuceLee
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jan 2008

lol will have to start training my feet how to operate one

Comment

• Stytooner
                              Roll Tide RIP Lee
                              • Dec 2002
                              • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                              • BT3100

Originally posted by tommyt654
                              I also have the HF model,but I have a feeling it won't last forwever and this one comes with a few extra's ,that the only reason I posted for those who might be on the border about purchasing a tool like this. That being said this tool will not accept the newest version of their cutting heads as the changed the style, you'll need an adapter like those Bosch gave away a while back to use others, not a big deal but you need to know this. Thanks Chris for the HU on the extra's I'll check them out at my local Lowes
                              The adapter comes in the kit. I have the 21 piece in the soft bag. Thick I paid around $80 for it and still feel that I got a good deal on a great tool.
                              I'd rather have the hard case. Looks like a excellent deal.

I had the HF prior to this one. I got ready to use it. It had worked fine the last time I used it, but it didn't do anything when I fired it up.
                              The shaft was sheared off. This was after maybe being used 4 or 5 times.
                              Probably a hairline fault in the shaft.
                              Lee

Comment

Working...