• So. Florida
    • Delta

Are those in store, online, or both.

Comment

• Brian G
      • Jun 2003
      • Bloomington, Minnesota.
      • G0899

My flyer says, "Offers valid at participating retail stores only," and "while supplies last."

There also is a blurb, "If you can't make it to our store or club, call 1-800-225-1153 to place a mail order or visit us at woodcraft.com."

Brian

Comment

• annrowe
        Handtools only
        • Nov 2012

Great, thanks! I am a little nervous about actually shopping on Black Friday, I don't want to get trampled! Any cyber Monday deals?

Comment

• sweensdv
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • WI
          • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Anyone have any experience with that chisel set?

Comment

• pelligrini
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2007
            • Fort Worth, TX
            • Craftsman 21829

Originally posted by sweensdv
            Anyone have any experience with that chisel set?
            I don't have any experience with that set, but it had favorable reviews in a chisel review in the latest issue of Wood Magazine. They compared many of the chisels offered from many manufacturers. I don't remember everything they said, but I think you might have to spend a bit more time flattening the backs.
            Erik

Comment

• sweensdv
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2002
              • WI
              • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Originally posted by pelligrini
              I don't have any experience with that set, but it had favorable reviews in a chisel review in the latest issue of Wood Magazine. They compared many of the chisels offered from many manufacturers. I don't remember everything they said, but I think you might have to spend a bit more time flattening the backs.
              When did you get your copy of that issue of WOOD? I was kinda hoping to get mine and check out those reviews before Black Friday. According to my last WOOD issue the next issue with the chisel reviews isn't due out until 11/27. I hope mine gets here today or tomorrow. I could be mistaken but I don't recall seeing the BF chisel set at Woodcraft prior to this which made me think that this could be a one time stock item of questionable quality. I'm in the market for a mid-range set for general knockin around usage but want a set that isn't so cheap that I have to sharpen them after every use.

Comment

• dusty
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2012
                • AZ
                • Shopsmith Mark V Model 520 and a Mark V Model 510 with a BT3K Rail Kit, SMT, and Router Table

Originally posted by sweensdv
                When did you get your copy of that issue of WOOD? I was kinda hoping to get mine and check out those reviews before Black Friday. According to my last WOOD issue the next issue with the chisel reviews isn't due out until 11/27. I hope mine gets here today or tomorrow. I could be mistaken but I don't recall seeing the BF chisel set at Woodcraft prior to this which made me think that this could be a one time stock item of questionable quality. I'm in the market for a mid-range set for general knockin around usage but want a set that isn't so cheap that I have to sharpen them after every use.
                I received issue 213 yesterday (Dec/Jan 2012/2013). It contains a review of 17 multi-chisel sets.

Comment

• sweensdv
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2002
                  • WI
                  • Baileigh TS-1040P-50

Thanks dusty, hope my issue arrives tomorrow as it didn't come today. Was it the Woodcraft #154323 set they reviewed or one of the other Woodcraft sets?

Comment

• Brian G
                    • Jun 2003
                    • Bloomington, Minnesota.
                    • G0899

Wood reviewed the 6-piece set, #151268, not the ones in the Black Friday flyer.
                    Brian

Comment

• durango dude
                      • Mar 2011
                      • a thousand or so feet above insanity
                      • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

just bought the set (for $20!). I need to do some rabetting on a project, and figured I learn to do it by hand.

These are NOT the nice 4-piece set with Bubinga handles.
                      (my WC had a new sales guy who thought that was the set that was on
                      sale --- but the owner caught the error).

For $15 extra bucks, the bubinga handle set is nicer. I figure this is a $25 set that I bought for $20.

I don't really like the look/feel of the metal --- it almost looks sloppy (air bubbles in the metal). The metal on my set feels kind of brittle, rather than soft, cold steel. The size indicators look printed rather than stamped. You can really see the difference between this set and a good set.

AND - this set is made in China.

I'm sure the set will do the job - but I really look forward to the day I can afford a nice set (Stanley, Footprint, Sorby, Pfeil). If you want something decent but inexpensive - might try the Irwin set.
                      Last edited by durango dude; 11-21-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Working...