• tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Delta Tracksaw Deal

http://www.amazonsupply.com/dp/B001IMEEEM
  • tommyt654
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008

Hope some folks got this,pretty good price, when I posted they had 22 in stock,now 3,but it was posted elsewhere as well plus the price jumped to $599 to boot
    Last edited by tommyt654; 03-31-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• moc
      Forum Newbie
      • Apr 2006
      • st. louis
      • bt3100 (Now out of box!)

Thanks for the link. I picked one up for $368.53. Not sure if that was the lowest price, but it's lower than it is now.

I had debated getting one of these in the past, but stayed with my circular saw (a Porter Cable) and a straight edge. As I made my BT6200 (pictures forthcoming once I finish the drawer fronts), I found I couldn't get the cuts as accurate as I had hoped when cutting full sheets of plywood.

Having my table saw setup complete will help, but I still will use this dewalt for cutting down full size ply.

Once it arrives, I can let people know how it works if anyone is interested.

*Michael
      Last edited by moc; 03-31-2012, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• LinuxRandal
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2005
        • Independence, MO, USA.
        • bt3100

Delta? I didn't know they sold a tracksaw, and the link goes to a Dewalt, so are you hiding the Delta deal? (didn't even list what it was for $$)
        She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• tommyt654
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008

My bad,I meant DeWalt , either way one look was all it took and Michael made a very wise buy. I got in on these at another tool deal last yr for $100 less from another company that was going out of business(Allprotools). pretty good saws for cutting sheet goods, that about all I really use it for,but I got the cordless 28v operated one as I like to break down sheet goods outside vs in the garage for dust reduction

Comment

• iceman61
            • Oct 2007
            • West TN
            • Bosch 4100-09

hate to have missed this deal. I'm needing a track saw bad too.

Comment

• moc
              Forum Newbie
              • Apr 2006
              • st. louis
              • bt3100 (Now out of box!)

I received the short track Tuesday and the long track Wednesday.

They both seem straight and true and of good quality.

Honestly, despite messing with them both a bit, I don't find them terribly useful.

Hopefully that will change if the saw ever gets here

I'll let you know.

Comment

Working...